Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Community Health Needs Assessment
Our hospital uses the Community Health Improvement Guiding Principles proposed by the Johns Hopkins Medicine Community Benefits Advisory Council to help guide our collective commitment and efforts. They are the following:
- Partners with those community leaders and community-based organizations that serve as stewards to guide and educate JHM to best serve the needs of each population.
- Integrates the interests, assets, and expertise of our health system, academic institutions, and the community to reach mutually agreed upon outcomes.
- Develops transparent, coherent approaches to plan, implement, evaluate, and disseminate sustainable health improvement programs and policy interventions.
In Fiscal Year 2013, our hospital conducted a community health needs assessment (CHNA) to identify the most important health issues in our community. In the same fiscal year, the Board of Trustees of the hospital approved our community health implementation strategy to address the health priorities identified through the CHNA.
As a result of the CHNA, our hospital identified the following health priorities (in alphabetical order):
- Health Care (Access and Availability)
- Infectious Disease
- Maternal and Child Health
- Mental Health
- Substance Abuse
Our hospital’s commitment to improving the health and well-being of our community will be demonstrated through the deliberate planning of community benefits activities.
The Johns Hopkins Hospital completed an implementation plan that was adopted by the hospital Board of Trustees in fiscal year 2013. The implementation plan connects hospital, community partners, clinicians, and other resources with identified health needs. The Johns Hopkins Hospital aligns health priorities with the areas of greatest identified need and considers where the Hospital’s resources will generate the greatest impact.
If you have comments or questions about JHH Community Health Needs Assessment, please contact us at 443-287-9900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Request an Appointment
Already a Patient?
Traveling for Care?
Whether you're crossing the country or the globe, we make it easy to access world-class care at Johns Hopkins.