Charge for Certification Letter
There is no charge for a certification letter from the School of Medicine.
It takes three-five business days to prepare and send a certification letter.
Current SOM Affiliates
You can submit your request from your JHM email account to [email protected]. Be sure to include all information below.
Former SOM Affiliates
A request can be submitted in writing, in person, by fax or by email to:
The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Attn: Office of Faculty Information - Certification Request
Edward D. Miller Research Building, Suite 147
733 North Broadway
Baltimore, MD 21205-2196
Email: [email protected]
Either complete this form or be sure to include the following information in the request:
- Name of faculty at time of appointment
- Current name of faculty, if different
- Indicate department/division in which faculty member was appointed
- Dates of appointment
- Address/Email/Fax to which the certification letter should be sent
- If the requestor is not the person affiliated with JHU School of Medicine, include a release of information form
- Phone number (in case any questions arise)
- Original signature of requestor (requests received without the signature of the requestor will not be processed)
Certification Requests from Verification Agencies, Hospitals, etc
In order for OFI to process a certification request from an outside agency, a signed consent form must accompany the request.
If you have any questions, contact the Office of Faculty Information at 410-614-3300 or by e-mail at [email protected]
Need a certification letter for JHUSOM student or postdoctoral fellow? Contact the Office of the Registrar.
Need a certification letter from the Johns Hopkins Hospital or affiliated Hospital? Contact NAMSS PASS