I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Professor Promotion: Scholarship in Program Building
National and international recognition for program building at the professor level includes development of a clinical, educational or scientific program that is widely recognized as an outstanding model of its kind and/or that has had a substantial impact on the field.
National and international recognition for program building may be documented by publications, including:
- Substantive and continuous publication in health care management journals
- Clinical or training guidelines
- Descriptions and evaluation of innovative educational, basic science or clinical programs
- Support for research, education or clinical programs
National and international recognition for scholarship in education, clinical service and/or program building may be demonstrated through continuing publication of:
- Descriptions and evaluation of innovative curricula programs or teaching methods
- Research that addresses educational topics
- Analytic clinical studies
- Clinical applications of basic science
- Invited reviews
- Book chapters
- Clinical observations/case reports
- Patient education materials
- Continuing dissemination of clinical expertise by audio and video learning aids and through computer-based material, and/or evidence of stimulating trainees and colleagues to prepare clinical papers and reviews
- Critical editorship of a journal or a textbook, or the development and dissemination of intellectual properties may also be considered