I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Professor Promotion: Scholarship in Clinical Distinction
National and international recognition for patient care at the professor level includes development and dissemination of a unique clinical program, diagnostic test or intervention that has had a national and international impact.
National recognition for excellence in clinical service or clinical program building may be reflected by:
- Reputation as one of the nation’s foremost clinicians in management of a particular disease or condition, as reflected by referrals from across the nation or national and international peer review
- Leadership positions in professional societies emphasizing excellence in clinical specialties
- Invitations to participate in clinical activities at other medical schools and hospitals
- Service as member of or examiner for a specialty board
- Development of national or internationally recognized standards of care
- Development of a unique or essential clinical program with national and international prominence
- Development, implementation and evaluation of model clinical programs at the school of medicine
- Development of clinical programs that serve patients across the state or nation, or serve as a model for programs in other state
Excellence in clinical service may also be documented by:
- Being identified by peers or trainees as a role model of professionalism in clinical practice
- Patient volumes
- Introduction and evaluation of new, innovative approaches locally
- Referrals from within and beyond the school of medicine
- Subspecialty certification
- Service as examiner for a specialty board