This type of evaluation appointment is for people who are currently pregnant or postpartum (within one year of delivery). This evaluation is for people who may be experiencing psychiatric symptoms and/or desire evaluation for the management of their symptoms during a current pregnancy and postpartum.
To help us provide you with a comprehensive evaluation, please provide the following at least two weeks prior to your evaluation date.
Preferred (if available, but not required at first appointment)
- Typed summary of your care, including primary psychiatric diagnoses and medication trials to date (preferably with dates, efficacy, side effects, and reasons medication discontinued) from current (and/or past) psychiatric providers.
We do NOT accept handwritten progress notes. Other pertinent medical records (see below) may be included.
- Psychiatrists, psychiatric providers, and psychotherapists will need at least your verbal permission and, in most cases, your written permission in order to release a summary to us. Click here for a Release Form so that we can send our consult recommendations to your providers.
- Typed summary of care from your treating psychotherapist.
How to Send Required Records to the Johns Hopkins Reproductive Mental Health Center
- Please email Allison Craig at [email protected] or upload to this secure link
- Alternatively, you may fax materials to to 410-502-3755, Attention: Johns Hopkins Reproductive Mental Health Center, using the cover sheet: Download Fax Cover Sheet
You are responsible for contacting your insurance company in order to obtain any necessary authorization for this appointment. The Johns Hopkins Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences contracts with many but not all insurance companies. Therefore, you should personally verify your mental health benefits, in particular, a one-time outpatient psychiatry visit. For patients who have insurance from companies with whom we do not have a contract, we require payment in full at the time of visit.