I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Occupational therapists at Johns Hopkins help patients participate in meaningful daily activities and practice habits they may need for work and recreation. Our team of occupational therapists works with adults and children recovering from injury and surgery, and those managing chronic illness, to help them care for themselves and be independent.
Occupational Therapy: the Johns Hopkins Approach
- We start with an evaluation that focuses on discussing your personal health goals. This helps us set benchmarks to measure your progress.
- Next, we develop a customized rehabilitation plan to help you achieve your goals.
- As you move forward with occupational therapy, we set intervals to measure success and make adjustments to the treatment plan as needed.
- Our work with children is focused on helping them fully participate in school and social situations.
- For older adults experiencing physical and cognitive changes, we provide support so they can safely perform activities of daily living.
Appointments and Locations
Johns Hopkins has multiple inpatient and outpatient locations in Maryland and Washington, DC, that offer occupational therapy services. All of them are equipped with the latest technologies and staffed with experienced occupational therapists.
To request an appointment, please call:
Benefits of Occupational Therapy
Occupational therapy can be effective for people suffering from these and similar impairments:
- Visual impairments and difficulties with perception
- Trouble with fine motor skills, such as writing or tying a shoe
- Problems with balance or hand-eye coordination
- Sensory integration dysfunction: when information from your senses doesn’t get properly interpreted by the brain
Our Specialty Areas
Someone who is undergoing cancer treatment may need different therapy than someone recovering from a spinal cord injury. Our occupational therapists have experience in many areas of rehabilitation and will customize the treatment based on your unique condition and needs. We frequently work with patients who have experienced:
Pediatric Occupational Therapy
Our pediatric team at the Johns Hopkins Hospital provides occupational therapy and other rehabilitation services to children, teens and young adults with ADHD, autism spectrum disorders, cerebral palsy, hypotonia, childhood trauma and many other conditions. Our therapists use games, coloring, writing and other age-appropriate activities to help your child achieve independence in the areas that are important to him or her.
Find an Occupational Therapist
We have many experienced occupational therapy specialists who specialize in such areas as neurology, hand therapy, mental health, and many others. At Sibley Memorial Hospital, occupational therapy subspecialties include hand therapy and lymphedema treatment. All of our therapists are friendly, caring and easy to work with. They will help you overcome challenges and will motivate you to stay on track with your goals.
Request an Appointment
Already a Patient?
Traveling for Care?
Whether you're crossing the country or the globe, we make it easy to access world-class care at Johns Hopkins.