- Our multidisciplinary team includes rehabilitation physicians, therapists and psychologists experienced in working with cancer patients and their families.
- Thanks to our close partnership with the Johns Hopkins Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center, we can provide seamless transition from treatment to rehabilitation for patients with breast cancer, pancreatic cancer, head and neck cancer, leukemia and many other oncologic conditions.
The Johns Hopkins Cancer Rehabilitation Program aims to help cancer patients overcome the effects of cancer and treatment on daily function and quality of life. Whether you are newly diagnosed or long finished with treatment, our team can create a custom rehabilitation plan to address your symptoms and daily challenges.
On This Page
Team | Why Choose Johns Hopkins | Our Approach | Conditions We Treat
Schedule An Appointment
Schedule by phonePhysician appointments: 443-997-5476 Therapy appointments:
Maryland clinics except Bayview: 443-997-5476
Johns Hopkins Bayview: 410-550-0414 Sibley Memorial Hospital: 202-364-7665
Schedule online through MyChartLog into MyChart | MyChart FAQ
Patient Resource Center
The Patient Resource Center provides assistance between appointments with your physician. For assistance between therapy appointments, please contact the clinic location.
Phone: 410-614-4030 and select option 2 | Fax: 410-614-4033
Cancer Rehabilitation: Why Choose Johns Hopkins
- We use innovative, noninvasive technologies that allow us diagnose and treat lymphedema (swelling) in early stages, address speech and swallowing difficulties and help you regain strength and mobility to the highest degree possible.
- We offer several convenient locations in Baltimore, including The Johns Hopkins Hospital, the Skip Viragh Outpatient Cancer Building and Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center. Our therapists and physicians are also available in several community clinics and hospitals in Maryland and at Sibley Memorial Hospital in Washington, D.C.
Cancer-Related Symptoms and Conditions We Help You Manage
- Cognitive difficulties, including problems with memory, concentration, attention, learning new skills and concerns of patient safety
- Physical difficulties, including decline in balance, difficulty walking, poor endurance, muscle spasms, weakness, fatigue, or adjustment to wearing a prosthetic
- Emotional effects of cancer, including stress and anxiety
- Uncomfortable sensations, including pain, joint stiffness and reduced range of motion, and numbness in hands and feet (peripheral neuropathy)
- Bowel and bladder issues
- Radiation fibrosis: thickening of connective tissue
- Lymphedema and edema
- Scar tissue restriction following surgery
- Swallowing disorders and voice/speech difficulties
- Osteoporosis (low bone density)
- Impaired sleep
Our Comprehensive Approach to Cancer Rehabilitation
It takes expertise and experience of several specialists to address all of your cancer-related symptoms and challenges. Our goal is to help you stay active and maintain the best quality of life possible before, during and years after chemotherapy, radiation therapy, surgery and other cancer treatments.
- Our rehabilitation physicians are experts in creating programs tailored to your needs and health goals.
- Our physical therapists can help you address fatigue, weakness, pain, lack of balance and similar symptoms related to cancer.
- Our occupational therapists focus on helping you participate in daily activities such as dressing and bathing, while strengthening your fine motor skills, saving energy, and improving memory and sight.
- Our speech-language therapists can help you manage speech, swallowing and communication problems that may result from cancer or cancer treatment.
- Our rehabilitation psychologists and neuropsychologists conduct cognitive, behavioral and psychological assessments to help you manage emotional and cognitive aspects of undergoing cancer treatment.
- Our prosthetists, orthotists and amputee rehabilitation experts can help you recover after limb loss or adjust to your new orthotic or prosthetic device.
Opalyn DeVera | Physical TherapistCertifications: Certified Lymphedema Therapist
Expertise: lymphedema, oncology
Julie Finocchiaro | Clinical Specialist, Physical TherapistCertifications: Board-Certified Orthopedic Physical Therapist, Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapists
Expertise: orthopedics - neck and spine, breast cancer
Laurie Fitz | Physical Therapist, Clinical Resource AnalystCertifications: Certified Lymphedema Therapist
Expertise: breast cancer, lymphedema, oncology deconditioning
Amanda Greene | Clinical Specialist, Physical TherapistCertifications: Certified Orthopedic Manual Therapist, Board-Certified Orthopedic Physical Therapist
Expertise: breast cancer, orthopedics, performing arts - dancer/musician
Suzanne Horton | Physical TherapistExpertise: oncology deconditioning
Ed Lyons | Physical TherapistExpertise: amputee and prosthetics training, neurologic rehabilitation, oncology, orthopedics
Kathy McGinty | Physical Therapist AssistantCertifications: Certified Lymphedema Therapist
Expertise: breast cancer, lymphedema, oncology, oncology deconditioning
Amanda McQueen | Rehab Therapy Manager, Physical TherapistCertifications: Certified Lymphedema Therapist
Expertise: breast cancer, lymphedema, oncology deconditioning, orthopedics
Locations: Columbia and Odenton
Kimberly Middleton | Team Coordinator, Physical TherapistCertifications: Certified Lymphedema Therapist
Expertise: breast cancer, lymphedema, oncology
Jennifer Nicholas | Team Coordinator, Occupational TherapistCertifications: Board-Certified Hand Therapist, Certified Lymphedema Therapist
Expertise: breast cancer, hand therapy, lymphedema, oncology, orthopedics - upper extremity, orthotic fabrication
Rachel Pigott | Occupational TherapistCertifications: Board-Certified Hand Therapist, Certified Lymphedema Therapist
Expertise: breast cancer, hand therapy, lymphedema, oncology, orthopedics - upper extremity, orthosis fabrication
Location: Lutherville and White Marsh
Heather Prender | Physical TherapistCertifications: Certified Lymphedema Therapist, Certified Oncology Rehabilitation Specialist
Expertise: breast cancer, lymphedema, oncology deconditioning
Jyo Supnekar | Clinical Specialist, JHH Hand Therapy Fellowship DirectorCertifications: Board-Certified Hand Therapist, Certified Lymphedema Therapist, Certified Neuro-developmental Treatment for stroke
Expertise: breast cancer, hand therapy, lymphedema, neurologic rehabilitation, oncology, orthopedics - upper extremity, orthotic fabrication
Location: White Marsh