The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine’s Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation offers a year-long fellowship program focused on evaluating, diagnosing and treating patients in our spine and musculoskeletal clinics. This multidisciplinary fellowship features training from and collaboration with faculty from the departments of Neurology, Neurosurgery and Orthopaedic Surgery.
Fellowship duration: 12 months
Accreditation: NASS (North American Spine Society) accredited
Total approved positions: 2
Application deadline: Rolling applications
Program duration: July and January start dates
Eligibility criteria: Completion of ACGME approved North American Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation program. Applicants must obtain a Maryland license and independent DEA license prior to start.
Benefits and salary: Medical, dental, vision, life, short-term disability, and malpractice insurance. Salary commensurate with PGY-5 annual salary at Johns Hopkins University.
How to apply: Applications are accepted via email to [email protected].
- Evaluating and managing patients in our Spine/MSK clinic under the guidance of the fellowship director Akhil Chhatre M.D.
- Comprehensive advanced fluoroscopic interventional spine and MSK procedural training
- Neurosurgical spine clinic with neurosurgery faculty
- Electromyography with the Department of Neurology/Neuromuscular Medicine
- Dedicated one-month sports medicine rotation with orthopedic sports medicine faculty
- Independent fellow follow-up continuity clinic
- Monthly spine imaging rounds
- Quarterly journal club
- Appointment of Instructor in the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Call Q4-6 weeks as part of faculty coverage
Criteria for Acceptance
- Board-eligible graduate of North American Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Residency Program
- Three letters of recommendation with at least one coming from your academic institution
- Curriculum vitae
- Personal statement
Eric Muneio, D.O.
Past Fellows and Where They are Now
Ashley "Simone" Maybin, M.D.Fellowship year: 2019-2020
Ronald Shin, D.O.Fellowship year: 2018-2019
Andrew Nava, M.D.Fellowship year: 2017-2018
Next step: The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD
Eric Scholten, M.D.Fellowship year: 2016-2017
Next step: Lehigh Valley Hospital, Allentown, PA
David Taftian, D.O.Fellowship year: 2015-2016
Next step: Facey Medical Group, Valencia, CA
Please contact fellowship director Dr. Akhil Chhatre [email protected] for more information.