Bring JH-AMP to your Hospital!
Activity & Mobility Promotion tools and resources aim to support hospitals and health care providers that want to change the culture of patient immobility.
Complimentary JH-AMP Hospital Toolkit
This toolkit contains the following:
- Establishing a Mobility Common Language: User Guide, a comprehensive guide to all of our tools.
- Johns Hopkins Highest Level of Mobility (JH-HLM) Scale, a performance measure of the patient’s highest level of mobility achieved. This common language tool provides a simple way to standardize the description of patient mobility across multidisciplinary providers.
- Johns Hopkins Safe Patient Handling Mobility (JH-SPHM) Guide establishes a “common tool” for both safe patient handling and mobility assessment with an aim to increase compliance with mobility goal setting and equipment planning to drive safe patient mobility performance.
- Johns Hopkins Daily Mobility Goal Calculator, which establishes an algorithm approach to setting daily mobility goals based on mobility limitation assessments. Establishing mobility goals is an effective strategy to improve overall mobility levels.
- Patient Mobilization: Attitudes and Beliefs Survey to acknowledge that success in implementing patient mobility quality improvement processes requires evaluating providers’ knowledge, attitudes, and behaviors. This novel survey identifies important barriers to mobilizing inpatients.