The Division of Orthopaedic Oncology offers expert care to children and adults diagnosed with tumors and tumor-like conditions of the bone and soft tissue, including bone metastases, sarcomas, benign and cancerous tumors of the bone or soft tissue and pathologic fractures.
Why Choose Johns Hopkins Orthopaedic Oncology
Our orthopaedic oncologists have studied and treated a variety of common and rare tumors, working alongside other experts to provide a coordinated approach to care for each patient.
Limb Preservation and Reconstruction
Experts in limb-sparing surgeries and complex limb reconstruction, such as rotationplasty, our team focuses on both removing tumors and rebuilding affected limbs to maximize function.
Metastatic Bone Disease Treatment
For cancers that spread to the bone, our experts aim to provide the right balance of treatment and palliative support to allow patients to have the best quality of life possible.
Treatment for Myxoid Liposarcoma | Laini's Story
Laini noticed a lump on her leg and knew something wasn't right. It turned out to be a low-grade liposarcoma - a rare type of cancer. Laini's mother looked for a specialized center that could offer more insights on this diagnosis, which led her to Dr. Adam Levin at Johns Hopkins.
Osteosarcoma | Jaliyah's Story
After 9-year-old Jaliyah was diagnosed with osteosarcoma, her mother searched for an option to save her leg from amputation. Dr. Carol Morris offered an alternative — a complex limb-sparing surgery, which allowed Jaliyah to continue dancing.
Bone and Soft Tissue Conditions We Treat
- Bone sarcomas, such as osteosarcomas, ewing's sarcomas and chondrosarcomas
- Soft tissue sarcomas, including:
- Malignant fibrous histiocytomas
- Synovial sarcomas
- Dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans
- Epithelioid sarcomas
- Undifferentiated / Pleomorphic sarcomas
- Malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumors
- Benign bone tumors, such as enchondromas, osteochondromas, chondroblastomas, osteoid osteomas, osteoblastomas, and bone cysts like aneurysmal bone cysts (ABC) and unicameral bone cysts (UBC)
- Benign soft tissue tumors
- Other cancerous bone tumors
- Pathologic fractures
Our Advanced Practitioners
Jen Giordano, C.R.N.P.
Francis Hwang, M.S.N., C.R.N.P.
Amy Slusher, P.A.
Hear From Our Experts
Orthopaedic Oncology at Johns Hopkins
Bone Sarcomas | FAQ with Dr. Adam Levin
Soft Tissue Sarcomas | FAQ with Dr. Adam Levin