I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Headache Expert Nauman Tariq, M.B.B.S. Joins Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery
Dr. Tariq specializes in the treatment of head, neck and facial pain disorders. He completed his neurology residency from the University of Minnesota. During his 4th year of residency training, he became interested in headache medicine and completed an elective at the Thomas Jefferson Headache Center. He completed his headache medicine fellowship at The Cleveland Clinic and was working as a headache specialist at the Michigan Headache and Neurological Institute before joining the headache center at Johns Hopkin’s Headache Center.
Headache and facial pain
Adolescents, adults and geriatrics.
Professional Development Grant . The Cleveland Clinic Foundation 2014-2015
Licensures and certifications
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Headache Medicine
American Academy of Neurology, American Headache Society
- Georgiadis AL, Cordina SM, Tariq N et al. Aspirin Treatment Failure and the Risk of Recurrent Stroke and Death Among Patients with Ischemic Stroke. J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2011 Aug 9
- Hassan AE, Tariq N, Qureshi AI et al. Comparison of Single versus Multiple Spontaneous Extra- and/or Intracranial Arterial Dissection. J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2011 Jul 22
- Hussain HM, Tariq N, Palesch YY et al. Reliability of hematoma volume measurement at local sites in the setting of a multicenter acute intracerebral hemorrhage clinical trial. Stroke. 2013 Jan;44(1):237-9
- Chaudhry SA, Tariq N, Majidi S et al.Rates and factors associated with admission in patients presenting to the ED with TIA in the United States-2006 to 2008. Am J Emerg Med. 2013 Mar;31(3):516-9
- Abdihalim MM, Tariq N, Qureshi AI et al. The natural history of "contrast stasis" within aneurysm after embolization. J Vasc Interv Neurol. 2013 Feb;5(2):14-21
- Tariq N, Saeed M, Qureshi AI et al. Outcomes of Thrombolytic Treatment for Acute Ischemic Stroke in Dialysis-Dependent Patients in the United States. J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis 2013 J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2013 Nov;22(8):e354-9.
- Qureshi AI, Majidi S, Tariq N et al. Increased Brain Volume Among Good Grade Patients with Intracerebral Hemorrhage. Results from the Antihypertensive Treatment of Acute Cerebral Hemorrhage (ATACH) Study. Neurocrit Care. 2013 Apr 23
- Maiser S, Roohani P, Tariq N et al. Patients with transverse myelitis who developed venous thromboembolism while hospitalized have increased rate for inpatient mortality. Journal of Neuroimmunology. 2013 Aug 15;261(1-2):120-2
- Tariq N et al. Patent foramen Ovale and Migraine: Closing the debate. A Systematic Review. Headache. 2016 Mar;56(3):462-78.
- Tariq N et al. Long term outcomes and clinical characteristics of hypnic headache syndrome: 40 patient series from a tertiary referral center. Headache. 2016 Apr;56(4):717-24
Request an Appointment
Adult Neurology: 410-955-9441
Pediatric Neurology: 410-955-4259
Adult Neurosurgery: 410-955-6406
Pediatric Neurosurgery: 410-955-7337
Already a Patient?
Traveling for Care?
Whether you're crossing the country or the globe, we make it easy to access world-class care at Johns Hopkins.