The Pediatric Center at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center helps to maximize the level of comfort and care we are able to offer our youngest patients. Our combined pediatric emergency department and inpatient unit delivers innovative, family-centered pediatric care. The Pediatric Center offers:
- A waiting room dedicated to pediatric patients and their families
- In-room registration and triage
- Large, private rooms with close proximity to staff
- Pediatric providers and staff dedicated to providing excellent family-centered care
- A commitment to open and consistent communication with community providers
Johns Hopkins Bayview's Pediatric Center provides care for children with general pediatric problems who need a short hospital stay. Treatment and care are coordinated by an in-house pediatrician (24-hour coverage). Nursing care is provided by a staff of experienced pediatric nurses.
A pediatric provider will see your child daily in the morning, with additional visits as needed 24 hours a day. You may not see the same provider from one day to the next. However, be assured that we will keep each other informed about your child’s medical conditions. When possible, we communicate regularly with your child’s primary care provider and will send them a summary of your child’s hospital stay once your child is discharged.
Referring providers are invited to call the unit 24/7 to discuss patients needing emergency department or hospital care.
Pediatric Center at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center