As part of the Johns Hopkins Comprehensive Transplant Center, the Pediatric Total Pancreatectomy with Islet Auto Transplantation (TPIAT) program offers comprehensive, patient- and family-oriented transplant care for children and adults up to 22 years old with debilitating acute recurrent pancreatitis or chronic pancreatitis. Our multidisciplinary team is involved in all phases of transplant care from evaluation to post-transplant follow-up.
To request an appointment, call 443-997-5437 (KIDS).
Why Choose Johns Hopkins Children’s Center?
Our Pediatric Pancreas Center is recognized as a center of excellence by the National Pancreas Foundation for the care and treatment of pancreatitis. We are also a contributing member of INSPPIRE (INternational Study Group of Pediatric Pancreatitis: In search for a cuRE project), an NIH-funded research project comprised of 26 pediatric centers around the world focused on children with pancreatitis.
In addition, we proudly offer:
- A multidisciplinary program, including a pediatric islet transplant surgeon, a pediatric endocrinologist, a pediatric gastroenterologist, a nurse practitioner, islet cell isolation team, pediatric intensivists, pediatric anesthesiologists, a pediatric radiologist, a pediatric social worker, pediatric dieticians, a pediatric Child Life specialist, pediatric pain specialists, and services from Kennedy Krieger Institute’s pain rehabilitation program
- A dedicated transplant coordinator who can helps arrange appointments in a timely manner, including for families who are from out of town or abroad
- Transplant team members who are leading the way in innovative programs to optimize transplant outcomes
- Inpatient care in our state-of-the-art Charlotte R. Bloomberg Children’s Center building
A Surgical Solution for Children with Acute Recurrent Pancreatitis or Chronic Pancreatitis
Learn More About the Pediatric Total Pancreatectomy with Islet Auto Transplantation (TPIAT) Program
Meet Our Team
Learn more about the experts who will be caring for your child.
Pediatric Total Pancreatectomy with Islet Auto Transplantation Process
Learn about the process we use to reduce pain and improve overall quality of life for patients with acute recurrent or chronic pancreatitis.
- Request an appointment: 443-997-5437 (KIDS)
- Office: 410-955-8769
- Fax: 410-367-2762
Patients and families who need to reach the on-call physician for emergencies after 5 p.m. and on weekends may call the paging operator at 410-955-6070 and ask to speak to the pediatric GI fellow on call.
Mailing Address600 N. Wolfe Street
Baltimore, MD 21287-2631