The John's Hopkins HIV Women's Health Program
For over 30 years, the Johns Hopkins HIV Women’s Health Program has provided comprehensive health care to women living with HIV/AIDS. Our experts offer a variety of services including gynecologic, obstetrical and preventative care, community outreach and linkage to other services. We provide community-based, culturally-sensitive and coordinated care to the diverse women we serve.
Request An Appointment Request An Appointment
HIV Pregnancy Care: The Halo Program
The Halo program offers holistic obstetrical care for pregnant women with HIV. Our multidisciplinary health care team specializes in maintaining maternal health and preventing mother-to-child HIV transmission.
- Routine prenatal care and anti-retroviral treatment for HIV during pregnancy
- Care coordination both before and after delivery
- Case management for medical as well as social services
- HIV counseling and testing for male partners
- Access to support services including peer counseling, and mental health and substance abuse services
- Access to HIV clinical trials
To make an appointment, call us at 410-502-3200.
When I got pregnant I was scared. ... [I] didn't know if [I] would get to have my child. I didn't have a big support system, and not too many people knew I was HIV positive. The clinic was very supportive of everything. ... It felt personal. I didn't feel like just a patient.Charmaine Stern, HIV positive mother of five and community advocate.
- Routine gynecologic care, including Pap and HPV testing and STD screening
- Evaluation and treatment after abnormal Pap tests and for genital tract infections and other gynecologic problems
- Family planning and preconception counseling*
- Evaluation and management of menopause
- Social work assistance
- HIV testing for partners
- Support services including peer counseling, and mental health and substance abuse services
*We also offer services off-site at the Baltimore County and Anne Arundel County health departments.
**Preconception counseling is available for couples regardless of whether one or both partners are HIV positive.
Our expert team at the Johns Hopkins HIV Women's Health Program brings many years of experience working with HIV-positive women and their families, and shares a long-term commitment to this work and a respect for the community.
Anna Powell, MD., M.S., Director
Jean Keller, Co-Director
Alison Livingston, Nurse Manager
Cynthia Argani, M.D.
Jeanne Sheffield, M.D.
Jenell Coleman, M.D., M.P.H.
Lorraine Millio, M.D.
Larissa Cooley, P.A.C.
Rosemary Ramroop, Outreach Specialist
Letasha Davis, Outreach Specialist
Jenifer LaNore M.S.W., LCSW-C, PMH-C, Senior Social Worker
No one is turned away because of lack of insurance or funds. This program is funded through the congressional Ryan White CARE Act, parts A, C and D, and through the Maryland State Special Funds. We look forward to providing you with comprehensive and personalized HIV medical care and supportive services.