Mentoring has been shown to dramatically improve a faculty member's experience, both from the mentee and mentor sides. Please read more about Dr. Yousem's "Mentee Rules" and our other mentoring-related resources.
Mentoring Resources for JHU SOM Faculty
- Are you looking for some mentoring literature/resources (e.g., how to mentor, time management, principles of menteeship)?
- Is your department interested in a 1-2 hour mentoring seminar?
- Reach out to OFD about the AUGMentor program
- Is your department interested in mentoring program best practices?
- JHU SOM Best Practices 10/28/2019
- Are you interested in finding a mentor/coach?
- Are you looking for a scientific collaborator/research mentor?
- PURE Elsevier (formerly SCIVAL/JHU experts research profiles)
Sponsored by the Office of Faculty Development | Instructor: Dr. David Yousem
Do you wish you were getting MORE from your Mentee-Mentorship relationship? Do you want to help your Mentor jump-start your rise through the academic ranks? How can you optimize the value you get from your Mentor? This workshop teaches best practices for being a Mentee and provides tips for maximizing the benefit your Mentor can provide. The Mentees Rule!
Getting the Most from Your Mentor: The Mentee Rules Recorded Session 12/15/2020
Master Mentor Program
The MMP is a 20-hour program that includes four 3-hour workshops (feedback and communication skills, increasing motivation, coaching and problem-solving, managing career transitions) and four 2-hour luncheons (case discussions and special topics, guest speakers, sample mentoring programs). For more information, contact Dr. Jennifer Haythornthwaite.