I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Johns Hopkins Medicine has three locations in the Baltimore area. The Johns Hopkins Hospital is a 1,000-bed academic Level 1 trauma and comprehensive stroke center in Baltimore that has been placed at or near the top of U.S. hospital rankings annually for the last two decades. It is the flagship of our health care system. Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, also in Baltimore, is a 420-bed academic Level 2 trauma and comprehensive stroke center that is home to our regional burn center. Howard County General Hospital is a 250-bed community hospital in Columbia, Maryland.
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
For more than a century, patients have come from around the corner and around the world to receive the most advanced care at Hopkins, the place where modern medicine was born. The Sheikh Zayed Tower and the Charlotte R. Bloomberg Children’s Center building opened in 2012 to provide state-of-the-art facilities and services. Patients and their families now experience a brand-new facility designed to house the most innovative and advanced medical technologies and to provide a welcoming environment for patient-centered care. These facilities include separate emergency departments for children and adults. Our emergency departments see a volume of more than 100,000 patients annually.
Adult emergency department:
- Level 1 trauma center
- The only regional eye referral center
- Front-door location
- 30,000-plus square feet
- 71 patient care rooms
- Six trauma and critical care bays
- On-site diagnostic radiology, computed tomography scan, ultrasound and MRI capabilities
- 17-bed acute care observation unit
- Secure eight-bed psychiatric emergency services unit
Pediatric emergency department:
- The only state-designated Level 1 pediatric trauma center in Maryland
- Pediatric burn center
- Offers pediatric emergency medicine fellowship
- 32 patient care rooms, including two trauma and critical care rooms and three psychiatric suite rooms
- Five trauma and critical care bays
Learn more about The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center is a state-of-the-art facility located on a beautiful 130-acre campus in East Baltimore. Uniquely positioned, the center serves both an urban and county population. The Johns Hopkins Bayview emergency department was renovated in 2015 and sees an annual volume of about 60,000 patients.
- Level 2 trauma center
- Regional burn center
- 40,000-plus square feet
- 60 patient care rooms
- Six trauma and critical care resuscitation bays
- 10-bed acute care observation unit
- Secure 13-bed psychiatric emergency services unit
Emergency Department at Bayview Medical Center
Howard County General Hospital
Howard County General Hospital is a community hospital located in suburban Columbia, Maryland. In July 1998, Howard County General joined Johns Hopkins Medicine. At Howard County General, emergency medicine residents rotate in both the adult and pediatric emergency departments, where they gain experience in community emergency medicine. The Howard County General emergency department sees an annual volume of 77,000 patients.
- 36 adult patient care rooms and 12 pediatric patient care rooms
- Four critical care rooms
- Secure six-bed psychiatric emergency services