Good nutrition is an essential part of the bariatric surgery process. With guidance from our team, you'll learn about your body's nutritional needs before and after surgery, and how to build a new healthy, satisfying diet for life.
- Progression - First Month after Weight Loss Surgery
- Nutrition Guidelines for Weight Loss Surgery
- Protein Content in Common Foods
- Suggested Protein Supplements
- Two-Week Preoperative Liver Reduction Diet
- Vitamin & Mineral Supplements for Bariatric Procedures
Clinical Nutrition Weight Management Videos
Weight management classes are available for our patients preparing for bariatric surgery. Classes are currently only available online. In addition to viewing the videos, please call 410-550-0311 to schedule your required telemedicine visit.Play Video:
Hunger, Cravings and Mindful Eating
Eating Meals Away from Home
Physical Activity and Sleep
data-showtoolbar="true" href="https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/bariatrics/_documents/physical-activity-sleep.pdf">Class handout: Physical Activity and Sleep
More Johns Hopkins Medicine Services
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
We offer the latest treatments for reconstructive surgery after weight loss for both adults and children.