Welcome to the third edition of Building Healthy Communities through Medical-Religious Partnerships' supplemental website. The primary objective of this website is to provide easy access to materials that can be used in congregational and community health programs.
On this website you will find:
- An instructor's guide with general guidelines and resources to assist in organizing your health education programs.
- Health topic overviews, handouts and PowerPoint slides for most of the health topics covered in Building Healthy Communities through Medical-Religious Partnerships. These materials may be reproduced and distributed during health education programs, used as bulletin inserts, or shared with family, friends and community members.
- Chapter 6: Coronary Artery Disease
- Chapter 7: Hypertension
- Chapter 8: Lung Disease
- Chapter 9: Diabetes
- Chapter 10: Kidney Disease
- Chapter 11: Cancer
- Chapter 12: Depression
- Chapter 13: Dementia
- Chapter 14: Child and Adolescent Health Issues
- Chapter 15: Vaccinations
- Chapter 16: Advance Directives
- Chapter 17: Communicating with Healthcare Providers
- Chapter 18: Modifying Common Risk Factors
- Chapter 19: Managing Medications
- Chapter 20: Preventing Accidents and Falls
- Chapter 21: Supporting Family Caregivers
- Links to the Johns Hopkins Medicine Health Library and other helpful websites and resources.
- Examples of successful congregational and community health programs. From time to time, we will be adding more examples of programs. If you have had a program you would like to share, please contact Kimberly Monson.
We welcome feedback and suggestions. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have ideas for how we can improve the website or suggestions for additional resources.