- Gain experience in multiple disciplines and technical areas
- Work hands-on with the latest technologies in ophthalmology
- Care for patients with a wide range of eye conditions and see new research in action
- Path to leadership positions in both clinical and research areas
At Wilmer, you will be surrounded by enthusiastic and helpful colleagues who take your professional development seriously. We invest in our employees and give them every opportunity to succeed.
- Nine locations in central Maryland
- Competitive salaries
- Full Johns Hopkins employee benefits
- Work-life balance: 8-hour shifts, no evenings, 10 university holidays per year
- Free training and continuing education
- Tuition reimbursement for employees and their children
- Uniforms provided
Ophthalmic Technician Jobs and Additional Information
To learn more about specific job opportunities with Wilmer and to fill out an application, please visit JHU Jobs and search using the key words "ophthalmic technician". If you are an experienced ophthalmic technician and you would like additional information about working at Wilmer, please fill out the form below with your name, email address and level of experience in the field.
While no ophthalmic or medical experience is required for entry into our apprenticeship program, candidates should have a verifiable work history and an interest in the eye and in helping people. At minimum, applicants must be at least age 18 and have a high school diploma or GED. A background in health care or another service-oriented field is valuable.
For more information on the roles and career paths for ophthalmic technicians: