I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Welcome to the Vascular Anomalies Center
Johns Hopkins Medicine is a leader in diagnosing, researching and treating vascular anomalies. Our team of specialists treat patients from newborns to adults of all ages.
Vascular anomalies describe abnormalities or disorders of the vascular system, found in veins or arteries. Most vascular anomalies occur during development of the arteries, veins, and/or lymph vessels. Some are inherited genetically, though most vascular anomalies occur sporadically. Vascular anomalies are classified as either a malformation or tumor.
Because of their rarity and precision required in treatment, our multidisciplinary Vascular Anomalies Center offers patients state of the art, personalized treatment options. Our group consist of interventional radiology (image guided treatment); plastic surgery, otolaryngology, orthopedic surgery, general surgery (surgical treatment); dermatology (laser and medical treatment); hematology/oncology (medical treatment) and genetics specialists who review patients together and determine the best treatment.
Our mission is to:
- advance research directed at improving vascular anomaly patient care
- developing new, more effective therapies
- educate fellows, residents, and other trainees
Johns Hopkins Vascular Anomalies Center assists patients with:
- coordination of care by Johns Hopkins RN Patient Care Coordinators
- state-of-the art diagnostic and treatment approaches
- access to new drug therapies
- resources for patients and their families