Allied Health Opportunities
Join the exceptional Allied Health and Service Clerical teams at Suburban Hospital and immerse yourself in an environment that merges the close knit community hospital experience with cutting edge technology. Our Allied Health professionals enjoy a team approach to providing quality patient care.
Discover exciting career opportunities in our Level II Trauma Center, Cancer Program, Joint Replacement Center, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Laboratory Services, Respiratory Therapy, Radiation Oncology, Radiology, Pharmacy, Sterile Processing and Behavioral Health Services. Our Service Clerical staff contributes to the varied areas that define our operations as a premier healthcare provider – from accounting to utilities maintenance and everything in between.
Our team as a whole is acknowledged for their professionalism, skills, and willingness to “go the extra mile.” That recognition includes everyone from our bedside caregivers to every Allied Health and Support Staff member, because, at Suburban Hospital, everyone has an opportunity to make a difference.
Here are the special features of just a few of our allied health departments:
- Cancer Center – Suburban Hospital's Cancer Care Program is dedicated to reducing the impact of cancer within the Washington metropolitan area by providing an integrated and multidisciplinary approach to the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of the disease. Designed to meet both the physical and psychological needs of our patients and their families, the Cancer Program combines clinical expertise, compassion and the critical element of hope. Under the leadership of a nationally recognized medical director, Suburban Hospital's multidisciplinary team of caring professionals provides a comprehensive range of high quality services including health education and outreach, screening, clinical research, diagnosis, treatment, psychosocial support and palliative care. While the program is equipped to address all forms of cancer, the emphasis is on the major adult solid malignancies: breast, colon, lung, and prostate cancers.
- Laboratory – Suburban Hospital's Laboratory is a cutting-edge lab with state-of-the-art automation, processing 1.5 million tests per year. The laboratory has an extensive outreach program serving nursing homes, physician offices and home healthcare agencies through Web-based order entry and resulting.
- Pharmacy – Our Pharmacy allows our pharmacist to be patient-focused while performing clinical and staffing functions. Pharmacists rotate through different areas of the hospital, including ICU, cardiology, medical surgery, etc.
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation – Many hospital programs are supported by Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, such as the NIH Stroke Program of Suburban Hospital, NIH Heart Center at Suburban Hospital and the Suburban Hospital Joint Replacement Center. The department also offers many specialty services such as hospital-based outpatient PT, OT and SLP services, clinical driving assessments, vestibular/balance rehabilitation utilizing the SMART Balance Master system, lumbar stabilization, hydrotherapy and wound care, and many community-based lectures, screenings and exercise classes.
- Radiology – Our Radiology department utilizes state-of-the-art technology, including a GE 1.5 TMagnet, GE Light Speed Plus and a 64 slice CT scanner.
- Respiratory Therapy – Respiratory Care staff averages nearly 16 years of professional experience and nearly 9 with Team Suburban! We host an annual on-site Respiratory Care Symposium, publish a departmental newspaper and offer Clinical Abstract development and presentation.
- Sterile Processing – This fast-paced, team oriented department has the wheels that keep the hospital moving. This is a newly renovated department with new steam sterilizers/autoclaves, new washers and disinfectors. Our sterile processing center handles an average of 40 cases per day.
Ready to start your career at Suburban? Search jobs and apply online today!