I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Share this page: More
Home > Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences > Specialty Areas > Geriatric Psychiatry and Neuropsychiatry > Frontotemporal Dementia
Mary Anne Wylie, MS, RN, APN
Coordinator, The Johns Hopkins FTD and Young-Onset Dementias Clinic
Division of Geriatric Psychiatry and Neuropsychiatry
550 North Broadway, Suite 308
Baltimore, Maryland 21205
Office: 410-502-2981 | Fax: 410-502-3755
REFER A PATIENT
To refer a patient, our team needs the following information:
- The patient’s contact information (name, address and phone numbers).
- Insurance information.
- Pertinent medical records, including clinic notes, lab results, neuropsychological test reports, and brain imaging reports and films, preferably on computer disc.
We will contact your patient once we have received his or her medical records and they have been reviewed by one of our team members. This process typically takes no more than a week. You may submit medical records by mail or fax to Mary Ann Wylie, above.
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
Our team will need to see the following information prior to your scheduled visit:
- Contact information (name, address and phone numbers).
- Contact information for the referring physician (name, address, phone, and fax numbers).
- Medical records pertaining to your diagnosis or symptoms. This may include physician office visit notes, a physician letter of referral, lab results, results from neuropsychological test results, and/or other reports from other tests.
- Brains scan films, preferably on computer disc.
Once we have received your records, they will be reviewed by one of our physicians. Receiving records in advance helps our team prepare more fully for your evaluation. You or your referring physician may submit medical records by mail or fax to Mary Anne Wylie, above.
PREPARE FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT
Prior to your schedule appointment, you will receive the following information in the mail:
- A letter confirming you appointment
- New patient questionnaires
- Family history and medical history forms
- Other helpful information, such as maps and directions
Please fill out the questionnaires and send them prior to your appointment. We also request that you bring:
- Your insurance card
- Any medical records that have not been forwarded to the clinic beforehand
Our physicians may request testing such as blood work, electroencephalogram (EEG), brain imaging, or cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) analysis (i.e., a lumbar puncture, LP, or “spinal tap”) prior to the evaluation or follow-up visit. If this is the case, specific instructions will be provided to you before the appointment. Please call us at 410-502-2981 if any questions arise in obtaining the requested tests.