Adult Autism and Developmental Disorders Center
Clinical Supervisor: Carol Orth, MA, R-DMT, LCPC
The Adult Autism and Developmental Disorders Center provides comprehensive mental health services for adults with any of a wide range of developmental disorders, including Autism and Asperger’s, fetal alcohol exposure, genetic disorders (such as Down’s, Fragile X, and others), cerebral palsy, and various intellectual disabilities. The program is designed to meet the unique and complex needs of this patient population and is committed to providing expert mental health assessment and treatment in a caring and supportive environment. Download Brochure
- Initial assessment
- Ongoing outpatient psychiatric treatment
- Individual and family psychotherapy
- Group psychotherapy (e.g., anger management, coping skills, self-awareness)
- Medication management in conjuction with psychotherapy
- Support with Behavioral strategies
- Occupational therapy
- Speech and language therapy
- Referrals to Case management services
- Referrals to Psychosocial Rehabilitation Programs (PRP)*
- Transition/reintegration issues
- Close coordination of care with other health professionals, group home providers, and State of Maryland DDA, as needed
*Individuals with DDA funding may not be eligible for some PRP’s.
We are not taking new referrals at this time.
The Adult Autism and Developmental Disorders Center is staffed by an interdisciplinary team consisting of psychiatrists, mental health therapists, social workers, occupational therapists, psychiatric rehabilitation therapists, case managers and other specialists.
We accept Medical Assistance, Medicare, as well as some private insurances. Insurance coverage will be verified prior to your first appointment.
LocationAdult Autism and Developmental Disorders Center
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
5500 E. Lombard Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21224
Please note: We are not taking new referrals at this time.