I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Aquatic physical therapy is available at our Johns Hopkins Rehabilitation Network clinic in Timonium, Maryland. Located in the acac Fitness & Wellness Center, the clinic offers aquatic physical therapy to adults who have a variety of conditions that may benefit from rehabilitation in a reduced-gravity environment.
Aquatic Therapy: Why Choose Johns Hopkins
- Receive a physical therapy plan tailored to your health concerns and based on the latest aquatic therapy research and guidelines.
- Enjoy the guidance of experienced physical therapists trained in a variety of techniques, including the Bad Ragaz Ring Method, Watsu, Halliwick, the Burdenko Method and others.
- Get access to several saltwater pools ranging from 82 to 92 degrees and featuring ramp access, a chairlift, stairs with handrails, and parallel bars to accommodate people with various mobility challenges and temperature tolerances.
Request an appointment:
Conditions That May Benefit from Aquatic Therapy:
- Chronic pain
- Osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis
- Osteoporosis and stress fractures
- Multiple sclerosis
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Gait deviations and balance difficulties
- Sprains and strains
- Low-back pain and spinal disorders
- Neurological disorders
- Sports injuries and orthopaedic trauma
What Aquatic Therapy Can Do for You
- Reduce stress on your joints, allowing you to perform exercises to strengthen muscles and improve flexibility that may be difficult to do on the ground.
- Help you ease into activity and start rehabilitation earlier after an injury or surgery, without carrying your full body weight. This is also a great way for athletes to maintain conditioning.
- Provide relief for aching joints and muscles and improve blood circulation with the help of warm water and reduced gravity.
- Offer an engaging therapy environment that uses water’s natural resistance and buoyancy, making therapy more fun and enjoyable.
Our Aquatic Therapists
Sharyn Frederick | Physical Therapy Assistant
Expertise: aquatic therapy, neurologic rehabilitation, orthopedics
Request an Appointment
Already a Patient?
Traveling for Care?
Whether you're crossing the country or the globe, we make it easy to access world-class care at Johns Hopkins.