The department of Rehabilitation Services at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center offers physical therapy interventions for patients with headaches of all types, especially those with associated symptoms in the neck or upper back. The goal of rehabilitation care is to reduce the intensity and frequency of pain, muscle spasm, and associated disability.
Each patient’s treatment plan will be customized according to their needs. Services offered by Rehabilitation Services include:
- Manual therapy techniques
- Biomechanics and posture retraining
- Therapeutic exercise
- Pain relief modalities such as ice, heat and ultrasound.
- Ergonomic assessment to decrease strain on the muscles that contribute to headaches
- Education and home exercise programs