Occupational Therapy Fieldwork Education at The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Welcome to the Occupational Therapy Clinical Education Program at The Johns Hopkins Hospital. Our program provides clinical education to occupational therapy students enrolled in colleges and universities that have established contractual agreements with our occupational therapy program. These arrangements are made by the academic fieldwork coordinator of clinical education at each student’s college, not by The Johns Hopkins Hospital. If you have been assigned fieldwork by your university program, please review the information below regarding our educational programs, including necessary questionnaires and forms; housing, parking and transportation arrangements; and contact information:
- Welcome letter (.pdf)
- AOTA FW data form and staff profile (.pdf)
- Directions and housing
- Parking and transportation
Please note that neither The Johns Hopkins University nor The Johns Hopkins Hospital has an occupational therapy school. If you are interested in obtaining information about occupational therapist or occupational therapist assistant educational programs, please visit the American Occupational Therapy Association.
Volunteer Observation Hours for Applying to Occupational Therapy Programs
If you are applying to an occupational therapy program that requires a documented service in a clinical setting with a licensed occupational therapist, please contact one of the therapists below based on your area of interest to arrange for volunteer observation hours at The Johns Hopkins Hospital.
- Pediatrics: Hallie Lenker at [email protected]
- Comprehensive Integrated Inpatient Rehabilitation Program (CIIRP): Julia Klag at [email protected]
- Acute care service (ACS): Sam Mongilio at [email protected]
- Outpatient: Erika Opoku at [email protected]
- Vision (Wilmer Eye Institute): Kristen Shifflett at [email protected]