The Johns Hopkins Adult Hip and Knee Replacement Fellowship is designed to provide comprehensive training for the individual who wishes to practice hip and knee replacement surgery in a private practice or academic setting. The fellow will have a diverse experience in both the clinic and operating room, with the opportunity to diagnose and treat a wide spectrum of pathology.
- Duration: one year
- Application deadline: October 1
- Stipend: Commensurate with level of training, plus benefits
- Percent of fellowship devoted to operative care: 80 percent
- Percent of fellowship devoted to nonoperative care: 10 percent
- Percent of fellowship devoted to administrative duties/research: 10 percent
- Research obligation: Yes
- All applications are accepted through SF Match.
For more information, please refer to the fellowship overview PDF.
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center is a level II trauma center with 550-plus inpatient beds. It is a tertiary referral center for complex revision hip and knee replacement cases.
Other locations include Johns Hopkins-affiliated outpatient facilities in the Baltimore area.
- Gain experience in the evaluation and management of arthroplasty patients throughout the entirety of their treatment course.
- Demonstrate progressive responsibility in both the operating room and clinic.
- Learn a systematic approach to the arthritic patient and to the patient with a poorly performing arthroplasty.
- Learn to develop a comprehensive treatment plan, including work-up, implant selection, approach and postoperative plan.
- Develop confidence in surgical approaches for primary hip (anterior and posterior), primary knee (quad split and vastus split), and revision hip (extended trochanteric osteotomy) and revision knee (patellar peel, quad snip and tibial tubercle osteotomy).
- Become independent with primary and revision hip and knee arthroplasty.
Class of 2020
Have questions about our adult hip and knee replacement fellowship? Please contact Beth Hall at OrthoEducation@jhmi.edu, medical training program administrator.