The Johns Hopkins Vascular Neurology Fellowship is a one-year program offering extensive experience in clinical vascular neurology as well as clinical research training.
Fellowship at a Glance:
- Duration: one year
- Accreditation: Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME)
- How to Apply: applications must be submitted through ERAS
- Match: the program participates with the NRMP Specialty Matching Service (SMS). Please register with NRMP to participate in the match.
- Rotations in the 24-bed Neuro Critical Care Unit (NCCU), the in-patient stroke unit and stroke service, the stroke consultation service, and inpatient rehabilitation ward.
- Fellows will have increasing responsibility throughout the year in supervising the acute stroke team, managing an array of available diagnostic imaging techniques, directing IV thrombolysis, and assisting with acute endovascular interventions.
- The program encompasses the spectrum of cerebrovascular disease, from critically-ill patients with acute stroke, to stroke rehabilitation and secondary stroke prevention.
- The program is strongly committed to clinical research. Fellows will complete an independent research project and work with faculty writing manuscripts, reviews and potentially draft grant proposals. The Division has many collaborative studies with Neurocritical Care (Department of Anesthesia), Radiology, Neurosurgery, and Cardiac Surgery.
Current Fellows | Class of 2022
Karissa Arthur, M.D.Undergraduate Education: Pennsylvania State University (2012)
Medical School: Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine (2017)
Internal Medicine: The Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center (2017-2018)
Neurology Residency: The Johns Hopkins Hospital (2018-2021)
Iman Moeini-Naghani, M.D.Medical School: Islamic Azad University, Tehran (2011)
Internal Medicine: Allegheny Health Network, Pittsburgh (2017-2018)
Neurology: George Washington University (2018-2021)
- 2021: Zafer Keser, M.D. | Faculty, Mayo Clinic Minnesota
- 2021: Eileena Newton, M.D. | Staff Neurologist, Sinai Hospital Baltimore
- 2020: Olanrewaju Agbe-Davie
- 2020: Taylor Haight, M.D. | Faculty, Virginia Commonwealth University
- 2019: Burton Tabaac, M.D. | Faculty, University of Nevada
- 2019: Ali Saber-Tehrani, M.D. | Faculty, The Johns Hopkins University
- 2018: Lauren Dunn, M.D. | Staff Neurologist, Ochner Medical Center, New Orleans, LA
- 2018: Kelly Ann Patrice, M.D. | Faculty, University of Arkansas
- 2017: Jay Hinkle, M.D. | Staff Neurologist, Washington Regional Medical Center, Fayetteville, AR
- 2017: Michelle Lin, M.D. | Faculty, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Jacksonville
- 2017: Lisa Sun, M.D. | Faculty, The Johns Hopkins University
- 2016: Qing "Sunny" Hao, M.D. | Faculty, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- 2016: Michelle Johansen, M.D. | Faculty, The Johns Hopkins University
- 2015: Mona Bahouth, M.D. | Faculty, The Johns Hopkins University
- 2015: Mario Cerdan-Trevino | Private Practice, Harlington, TX
- 2014: Jennifer Dearborn | Faculty, Yale University
- 2014: Romanus "Roland" Faigle | Faculty, The Johns Hopkins University
- 2013: Ryan Felling | Faculty, The Johns Hopkins University
- 2013: Shyian Jen | Staff Neurologist, Rockwood Clinic
- 2013: Bogachan Sahin | Faculty, University of Rochester
- 2012: Martinson "Marty" Arnan | Faculty, Wake Forest University
- 2012: Elisabeth Marsh | Faculty, The Johns Hopkins University
- 2011: Yolanda Chik | Staff Neurologist, MedStar Health
- 2010: Richard Leigh | Faculty, The Johns Hopkins University
- 2010: Steven Zeiler | Faculty, The Johns Hopkins University
- 2009: n/a
- 2008: Jennifer Berkeley | Staff Neurologist, Sinai Hospital of Baltimore
- 2007: n/a
- 2006: Lori Jordan | Faculty, Vanderbilt University