I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Headache Medicine Fellowship
The Johns Hopkins Headache Medicine Fellowship offered by the Department of Neurology aims to prepare the next generation of headache specialists for the independent practice of headache medicine.
Our training curriculum is based on supervised inpatient and outpatient clinical work with increasing responsibility for all types of patients with head and face pain. Fellows provide care to both pediatric and adult patients. To match their professional interests and goals, our fellows have the freedom to design their own rotation schedules.
Fellowship at a Glance
Fellowship duration: 12 months
Location: Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Application start: March 1
Interview period: March 1-July 31
Program start: July 1 of the following year
Eligibility criteria: have a current valid and unrestricted license to practice medicine in the U.S. and be a graduate of a residency program accredited by the Accreditation Council of Graduate
Medical Education (ACGME)
How to apply: Send CV, one to three letters of recommendation and a personal statement to the fellowship director.
By the end of the program, fellows should be able to:
- Care for headache patients with simple and complex conditions
- Design research studies capable of advancing basic knowledge and quality improvements in the area of patient care.
- Teach others the scope of necessary knowledge appropriate for their area of family practice, internal medicine, etc. upon the attainment of the above skills.
This fellowship provides comprehensive training in a variety of different settings and clinical presentations, including:
- Inpatient admissions and consultations
- Ambulatory care in neurology, otolaryngology, neurosurgery, ophthalmology, general medicine and family practice
- Participation in multidisciplinary patient care teams
Christina Graley, M.D.
Andrew Dawson, D.O. | Class of 2021
Please contact the fellowship director for more information:
Dr. Christopher Oakley
Request an Appointment
Adult Neurology: 410-955-9441
Pediatric Neurology: 410-955-4259
Adult Neurosurgery: 410-955-6406
Pediatric Neurosurgery: 410-955-7337
Already a Patient?
Traveling for Care?
Whether you're crossing the country or the globe, we make it easy to access world-class care at Johns Hopkins.