The Skip Viragh Outpatient Building
The Skip Viragh outpatient cancer clinic represents the future of cancer medicine, a clinical enterprise that is second to none and the culmination of more than five years of planning. More than 200 patients each day will visit the building in a system that honors the spirit, dedication and vision of Skip Viragh who sought to ensure that all cancer patients had access to the best of care. With an increasing amount of cancer care provided in the outpatient setting, and expected to grow over the next decade, this building is the new hub of our cancer services and clinical research and is the embodiment of team science and precision medicine, removing all barriers to attacking cancer and bringing the very best treatment plan and supportive care to each patient. Learn more about the comprehensive range of outpatient services.
Your next appointment may not be in the Weinberg Building. It may be in the new Skip Viragh Outpatient Cancer Building at 201 North Broadway, just one block south of the Weinberg Building. We are very excited about this beautiful new medical facility and believe it will allow us to continue providing the highest quality of patient care at the Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center:
After May 14th:
- if you receive care from a medical oncologist specializing in solid tumor cancers (such as breast, lung, colon, bladder, etc.) you will receive your care in the Skip Viragh Building. This includes your lab and clinic visits and your Infusions and injections.
- If you get both Radiation treatment and Chemotherapy, you will continue your treatments in the Weinberg Building.
- If you get treatment for non-solid tumor cancers (such as leukemia, lymphoma, multiple myeloma etc.) you will continue your appointments and treatments in the Weinberg Building.
- You may also call 410-955-8893 if you have any questions.
- 200 daily visits
- 60 to 80 new patient visits per week
- 10 floors and 184,000 square feet
- 38 exam rooms
- 38 infusion rooms
- 6 consultation rooms
- Skyline Café
- Cost: $100 million
> Funded entirely by private support
> $65 million lead gift made possible by Skip Viragh
> $10 million from Under Armour as well as
> Additional giving by many generous donors
Access to the Skip Viragh Building
Access by car:
- Drive into the main circle at 201 North Broadway. There is a patient drop-off area. An entrance to the Orleans Street Garage is straight ahead. Please note that valet parking is not available in this building.
- You can also enter the Orleans Street Garage on Orleans Street and then walk into the Viragh Building from the fourth floor of the garage.
From the Main Hospital:
- Cross the pedestrian bridge from the Zayed Building to the fourth floor of the Orleans Street Garage and go to the garage entrance of the Viragh Building.
Once you are in the Viragh Building, staff will be available to direct you to the exact location of your appointment.
A Quick Guide to Patient Services
- Breast and Gyn Cancer Clinics: 10th Floor
- Breast Health Innovation Center: 10th Floor
- Café: 10th FloorCheck-In (new patients): Ground Floor
- Check-In Kiosks (returning patients): Ground Floor and Main Floor
- Concierge: Ground Floor
- Guest Computers: 5th Floor
- Image Recovery Center: Ground Floor
- Imaging/Radiology: 4th Floor
- Infusion: 6th Floor
- Medical Oncology Clinics: 5th Floor
- Meditation Room: 2nd Floor
- New Patient Visits/Multi-Disciplinary Clinics: 5th Floor
- Nipple Tattoo Room: 10th Floor
- Patient and Family Services: Main Floor
- Parking Prepayment Machines: Main Floor
- Pharmacy: Ground Floor
- Phlebotomy: Ground Floor
- Physical Therapy: 10th Floor
- Under Armour Breast Center: 10th Floor
- Parking Garage Entrances: Ground Floor and Main Floor
- Vending Machines: Ground Floor and 5th Floor
Learn more about The Skip Viragh Outpatient Building