The Pratilas Laboratory
Our lab focuses on the application of small molecule therapeutics to solid tumors harboring oncogenic activation of RAS and RAS effector pathways. We emphasize interrogation of biochemical and adaptive signaling responses to small molecule inhibition of the ERK signaling pathway, to identify factors that predict and condition response to targeted therapeutics.
Our current projects:
- AACR-NCI-EORTC International Conference on Molecular Targets and Cancer Therapeutics, Boston, MA, October 2019.
- A121, Sunday October 27 – Wang et al. Adaptive and acquired signaling response to MEK inhibition in NF1-associated malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumor.
- B066, Monday October 28 – Obasaju et al. Inhibition of farnesyl transferase by tipifarnib leads to isoform specific cell growth inhibition in HRAS-mutated human rhabdomyosarcoma.
- B074, Monday October 28 – Schreck et al. Sapanisertib in combination with trametinib in glioblastoma models enhances target inhibition and antitumor activity.
Our Lab's Discoveries:
- A Secondary Mutation in BRAF Confers Resistance to RAF Inhibition in a BRAF V600E-Mutant Brain Tumor
Jiawan Wang, Zhan Yao, Philip Jonsson, Amy N. Allen, Alice Can Ran Qin, Sharmeen Uddin, Ira J. Dunkel, Mary Petriccione, Katia Manova, Sofia Haque, Marc K. Rosenblum, David J. Pisapia, Neal Rosen, Barry S. Taylor and Christine A. Pratilas
- Rare BRAF mutations in pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors may predict response to RAF and MEK inhibition.
Allen A, Qin ACR, Raj N, Wang J, Uddin S, Yao Z, Tang L, Meyers PA, Taylor BS, Berger MF, Yaeger R, Reidy-Lagunes D, Pratilas CA.
- Adaptation to TKI Treatment Reactivates ERK Signaling in Tyrosine Kinase-Driven Leukemias and Other Malignancies
J. Kyle Bruner, Hayley S. Ma, Li Li, Alice Can Ran Qin, Michelle A. Rudek, Richard J. Jones, Mark J. Levis, Keith W. Pratz, Christine A. Pratilas and Donald Small
- Personalized Medicine in the Oncology Clinic: Implementation and Outcomes of the Johns Hopkins Molecular Tumor Boad
W. Brian Dalton, Patrick M. Forde, Hyunseok Kang, Roisin M. Connolly, Vered Stearns, Christopher D. Gocke, James R. Eshleman, Jennifer Axilbund, Dana Petry, Cindy Geoghegan, Christine A. Pratilas, Christian F. Meyer, Eric S. Christenson, Shannon A. Slater, Jennifer Ensminger, Heather A. Parsons, Ben H. Park, and Josh Lauring
- Sporadic Malignant Glomus Tumor of the Brachial Plexus With Response to Targeted Therapy Directed Against Oncogenic BRAF
Andrea Cuviello, Anshit Goyal, Aviad Zick, Shivani Ahlawat, Fausto J. Rodriguez, Allan J. Belzberg, and Christine A. Pratilas
- A Phase 1 and Pharmacokinetic Study of Oral Dabrafenib in Children and Adolescent Patients With Recurrent or Refractory BRAF V600 Mutation-Positive Solid Tumors.
Kieran MW, Geoerger B, Dunkel IJ, Broniscer A, Hargrave DR, Hingorani P, Aerts I, Bertozzi AI, Cohen KJ, Hummel TR, Shen V, Bouffet E, Pratilas CA, Pearson ADJ, Tseng L, Nebot N, Green S, Russo MW, Whitlock J.
- BRAF Mutations and the Utility of RAF and MEK Inhibitors in Primary Brain Tumors.
Schreck KC, Grossman SA, Pratilas CA.
- Telomere alterations in neurofibromatosis type 1-associated solid tumors.
Rodriguez FJ, Graham MK, Brosnan-Cashman JA, Barber JR, Davis C, Vizcaino MA, Palsgrove DN, Giannini C, Pekmezci M, Dahiya S, Gokden M, Noë M, Wood LD, Pratilas CA, Morris CD, Belzberg A, Blakeley J, Heaphy CM.
- A novel RBMX-TFE3 gene fusion in a highly aggressive pediatric renal perivascular epithelioid cell tumor.
Argani P, Zhang L, Sung YS, White MJ, Miller K, Hopkins M, Small D, Pratilas CA, Swanson D, Dickson B, Antonescu CR.
- Metanephric Adenoma-Epithelial Wilms Tumor Overlap Lesions: An Analysis of BRAF Status.
Wobker SE, Matoso A, Pratilas CA, Mangray S, Zheng G, Lin MT, Debeljak M, Epstein JI, Argani P.
- Eosinophilic Solid and Cystic (ESC) Renal Cell Carcinomas Harbor TSC Mutations: Molecular Analysis Supports an Expanding Clinicopathologic Spectrum.
Palsgrove DN, Li Y, Pratilas CA, Lin MT, Pallavajjalla A, Gocke C, De Marzo AM, Matoso A, Netto GJ, Epstein JI, Argani P.