Request an Appointment
Is the Clinical Cancer Genetics Clinic right for you? Do you have the following within your family:
- Multiple primary cancers or bilateral cancer
- Cancer with an unusually young age of onset
- A clustering of rare or unusual cancers in the family
- A personal or family history of any known cancer susceptibility syndrome, such as: Hereditary Nonpolyposis Colorectal Cancer, Familial Adenomatous Polyposis, Hereditary Breast-Ovarian Cancer Syndrome, Li-Fraumeni syndrome, Von Hippel-Lindau Syndrome & Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia.
- Two or more relatives on the same side of the family affected with the same type of cancer.
- A family member with an identified cancer gene mutation.
Call the appointment number at 410-502-7082
A consultation with the Cancer Risk Assessment Service includes:
- A detailed analysis and evaluation of the family medical history
- A discussion of the genetics of cancer development and specific hereditary cancer syndromes
- An assessment of the patient’s cancer risk based on family and/or personal history of cancer
- Recommendations for screening, prevention, and detection.
If a hereditary cancer syndrome is suspected in a family, counselors discuss the availability of genetic testing, and the risks and benefits of such testing.
A letter summarizing the details of the consultation and recommendations is sent to the patients for their records. A copy of the consultation note will also be sent to the patient's physician(s), at their request.