Pediatric Hospital Medicine Fellowship Program
The mission of the Johns Hopkins Pediatric Hospital Medicine Fellowship Program is to produce academic leaders in the field of pediatric hospital medicine who will contribute to advancements in the care of hospitalized children.
Our ACGME-accredited two-year fellowship specifically aims to:
- Enhance the expertise of already excellent clinicians in the care of hospitalized children across the spectrum of medical acuity and complexity in both tertiary and community settings.
- Promote the practice of evidence-based, high-value, patient- and family-centered care.
- Cultivate an environment in which diversity, inclusion and equity are valued and prioritized.
- Provide a flexible curriculum that allows fellows to tailor their training and experiences to their clinical and academic goals and interests.
- Hone fellows’ skills as medical educators and multidisciplinary team leaders.
- Foster the development of fellows as quality improvement and patient safety champions through formal training and leadership experience.
- Support and mentor the development of fellows’ individual scholarship interests, so that they are well-positioned for success as academic faculty members post-graduation.
Clinical Training Sites
Johns Hopkins Children’s Center, within The Johns Hopkins Hospital, is a 209-bed hospital with a 45-bed, Level 4 neonatal intensive care unit and a 40-bed pediatric intensive care unit offering pediatric ECMO. There are nearly 30,000 emergency department visits and 9,000 admissions per year. There are greater than 65,000 patient visits to more than 30 pediatric subspecialties.
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center provides care for children with general pediatric conditions who need a short hospital stay, or those who have had surgery or are being treated for burns. Treatment and care are coordinated by an in-house pediatrician and a staff of experienced pediatric nurses. This site contains a 15-bed combined pediatric emergency department/inpatient unit as well as a newborn nursery overseen by pediatric hospital medicine faculty. Fellows will rotate at this site for their community hospital medicine experience.
Virtual Tour of Johns Hopkins Children's Center
Johns Hopkins Children's Center offers one of the most comprehensive pediatric medical programs in the country in our state-of-the-art Charlotte R. Bloomberg Children’s Center building.
Discover what makes Baltimore "Charm City." From the Inner Harbor to the festivals, parks and the food, find out what Baltimore has to offer.