I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Update December 15, 2008
Based on feedback from an eIRB advisory group, general eIRB users, IRB members and IRB staff, the Office for Human Subjects Research will introduce a major upgrade to the eIRB system on Monday, Dec. 15. Many of these changes will affect the way you interact with eIRB and are being implemented to improve the overall functionality of the system for all of our users.
Some noticeable enhancements include:
- a streamlined Further Study Action submission structure
- breakdown of the work space for each study into separate areas for continuing review applications, changes in research and protocol events so that it is easier to track each submission
- electronically generated IRB notifications to reduce the time required to prepare PI correspondence following IRB meetings
- electronic PI response activity to IRB requests to eliminate the need to upload the response in a word document
- new e-mail notification templates to make it easier to identify the action required and link directly to the eIRB study workspace.
You will not lose any information that is currently in eIRB, but your work space will look different. We think most of the changes are self-explanatory, but will have guidance posted on our Web site and help readily available by e-mail or phone. Over the course of the next year, more enhancements will be announced, including online IRB committee review and a full conversion of all paper studies to eIRB.
If you have any questions, please contact the JHM eIRB at email@example.com or 410-955-3008.