- Director, Division of Informatics, Integration, and Innovation
- Director, Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine Precision Medicine
- Associate Director, Precision Medicine Center of Excellence
- Associate Professor of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine
- Assistant Professor of Neurosurgery
- Associate Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Associate Professor of Neurology
- Associate Professor of Radiology and Radiological Science
- Director, Division of Neurosciences Critical Care
- Professor of Neurology
- Professor of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine
- Professor of Neurosurgery
Accurately identify the patients who will benefit from treatment in a neurocritical care environment and those that will do equally well in a less resource-intense environment.
The overarching goal is to optimize medical and triage decision-making for hospitalized neurologic and neurosurgical patients in order to align resources with clinical needs. This will be accomplished via prognostic and predictive enrichment strategies that leverage multidimensional data and artificial intelligence.
Predict complications in the post-operative neurosurgical period, and neurological deterioration for all neurocritical care unit (NCCU) patients so clinicians can make accurate, optimized, and personalized decisions regarding neurosurgical and NCCU patients.
Neurocritical Care Research and Precision Medicine
Questions we're asking that inform us on how to best care for patients include:
Can we develop and validate a highly accurate, personalized NCCU triage score for post-operative neurosurgical complications?
Can we develop and validate a personalized risk prediction index of neurological deterioration for patients admitted to the NCCU?
How do we determine the safety, feasibility, efficacy, and cost effectiveness of decision support systems developed using predictive analytics from aims 1 and 2?
Every patient benefits from our innovative thinking on the management of severe neurologic conditions, informed by our clinical experience as well as new insights from the front lines of research.
Habits and Hacks with Dr. Jose Suarez
Dr. Jose Suarez was a recent guest on the Faculty Factory Podcast where he discussed habits and hacks for combatting information overload to the benefit of patients. The chat also included talk about how concepts of precision medicine can be applied to education, faculty development, and more.
Patient Care for Neurocritical Care
Patients in Johns Hopkins NCCUs benefit from a seasoned multidisciplinary group of neurologists, anesthesiologists, neurosurgeons, nurse practitioners and critical care nurses. Find out more about neurocritical care.