I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Employee Appreciation Programs
JHHSC/JHH offers a variety of programs, annual events and awards that serve to recognize and reward employees for their hard work, years of service, innovation, creativity, customer satisfaction and commitment to excellence.
Each year, The Johns Hopkins Hospital and Health System Corporation host celebratory events to thank our employees for their dedication to the workplace and for delivering quality care to our patients. Our annual service awards ceremony recognizes employees who have reached important service milestones of five, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 and 60 years).
At the same awards ceremony, the Baker-King Awards and the Edward A. Halle Prize for Excellence in Patient Service are presented to employees who have demonstrated service excellence.
Additionally, our annual President's dinner celebrates employees with 30, 40 and 40 plus years of service. Communication regarding these exciting events will be forthcoming.
2017 Employee Service Awards Ceremony
Employee Appreciation Awards
The Baker-King Award was created in 1962 by Dr. and Mrs. Theodore King, who recognized the significant contributions of all Hospital employees. Mrs. King, whose maiden name was Baker, believed it was important to acknowledge non-supervisory staff. Baker-King honorees are nominated by their managers and supervisors. The Baker-King Foundation established a fund to recognize employees in any non-exempt position within JHHSC/JHH. The awards are presented during the annual JHHSC/JHH Employee Appreciation Week to employees who have been truly outstanding in the performance of their duties, and who have thus set an example for all. Each recipient receives a $100 bonus (via payroll), a Baker-King pin, and a certificate signed by JHHSC/JHH leadership.
- Cynthia Allen-Russel, Administrative Coordinator, Johns Hopkins Hospital Central Nursing
- Gregory Dawkins, Food Service Worker, Johns Hopkins Hospital Nutrition
- Cheryl Fleming, Project Coordinator, Johns Hopkins Hospital Oncology Patient Family Services
- Diana Hacker, Medical Office Assistant, Johns Hopkins Community Physicians at White Marsh
- Liceth Ramirez, Concierge, Administrative Coordinator, Johns Hopkins Medicine International
- Wayne Reed, Office Clerk, Johns Hopkins Health System Facilities, Design & Construction
- David Smith, Protective Services Officer, Johns Hopkins Hospital Security
- Hunter Smoot, Pharmacy Courier, Johns Hopkins Hospital Pediatric Pharmacy
- Janet Williams, EKG/Stress Tech Coordinator, Johns Hopkins Hospital Cardiology
- Larry Young, Transport Associate, Johns Hopkins Hospital Endoscopy Nursing
The annual Edward A. Halle Prize for Excellence in Patient Service honors an employee who exemplifies extraordinary human compassion and outstanding patient service. The award was established in 1993 in honor of the late Edward Halle, who provided excellent service during his Hopkins career. The recipient of the award is selected based on complimentary letters sent by patients throughout the year and receives a certificate signed by JHHSC/JHH leadership and a $500 check. The prize is announced during the annual JHHSC/JHH Employee Appreciation Week.
- 2018 Recipient - Claire Petchler, Nurse Clinician IM-PACE, Medical ICU Nursing
The Ronald R. Peterson Achievement Award, presented annually to an employee in a management or leadership position, recognizes exceptional dedication and outstanding career contributions to The Johns Hopkins Hospital.
In the spirit of Mr. Peterson's exemplary leadership, the Award honors a Johns Hopkins Hospital employee whose individual and collaborative efforts on behalf of Johns Hopkins demonstrate unwavering integrity and the enduring mentorship of rising Johns Hopkins Hospital leadership staff.
- 2018 Recipient - Terry Langbaum, administrative director, Comprehensive Transplant Center