2022 Employee Appreciation
Each year, Johns Hopkins hosts celebratory events to thank our employees for their dedication to the workplace and for delivering quality care to our patients. Our annual service awards ceremony recognizes important service milestones for employees at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, the Johns Hopkins Health System Corporation, Johns Hopkins Community Physicians and Johns Hopkins HealthCare. At the annual Employee Appreciation Service Awards Ceremony, the Baker-King Awards and the Edward A. Halle Prize for Excellence in Patient Service are presented to employees who have demonstrated service excellence.
Join us for this year's ancient Egyptian-themed virtual 2022 Service Awards Celebration, during which we will celebrate our treasured employees!
Monday, Sept. 12
11:30 a.m.–1 p.m.
Watch the recording of this year's virtual event and download the event program.
Employee Appreciation Awards
The Baker-King Award was created in 1962 by Dr. and Mrs. Theodore King, who recognized the significant contributions of all Hospital employees. Mrs. King, whose maiden name was Baker, believed it was important to acknowledge non-supervisory staff. Baker-King honorees are nominated by their managers and supervisors. The Baker-King Foundation established a fund to recognize employees in any non-exempt position within JHH, JHHSC, JHCP and JHHC. The awards are presented during the annual Employee Appreciation Service Awards to employees who have been truly outstanding in the performance of their duties, and who have thus set an example for all. Each recipient receives a $100 bonus (via payroll), a Baker-King pin, and a certificate signed by Johns Hopkins Medicine leadership.
- Magda Abdelmagid, Executive Administrator for Quality, Johns Hopkins HealthCare
- Nadiya Aleksandrovych, Pathology Lab Technician, The Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Patricia Brown, Senior Pharmacy Technician, The Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Carol Caldwell, Certified Medical Assistant, Johns Hopkins Community Physicians at Sibley
- Ian Gilley, Medical Office Assistant, Johns Hopkins Community Physicians at Greenspring Station
- Anita Handy, Unit Associate, The Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Brent Hnatiuk, Pharmacy Technician, The Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Davina Morton, Radiation Oncology Clinical Technician, The Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Allison Rainey, Patient Access Specialist, Johns Hopkins Community Physicians
- Enjeen Woolford, Physical Therapy Assistant, The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Edward A. Halle Prize for Excellence in Patient Service
The annual Edward A. Halle Prize for Excellence in Patient Service honors an employee who exemplifies extraordinary human compassion and outstanding patient service. The award was established in 1993 in honor of the late Edward Halle, who provided excellent service during his Johns Hopkins career. The recipient of the award is selected based on complimentary letters sent by patients throughout the year and receives a certificate signed by Johns Hopkins Medicine leadership and a $500 check. The prize is also announced during the Service Awards ceremony.
- 2022 Recipient: Carlos White, Admissions and Registration Coordinator, The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Ronald R. Peterson Achievement Award
The Ronald R. Peterson Achievement Award, presented annually to an employee in a management or leadership position, recognizes exceptional dedication and outstanding career contributions to The Johns Hopkins Hospital.
In the spirit of Mr. Peterson's exemplary leadership, the award honors a Johns Hopkins Hospital employee whose individual and collaborative efforts on behalf of Johns Hopkins demonstrate unwavering integrity and the enduring mentorship of rising Johns Hopkins Hospital leadership staff.
- 2022 Recipient: Allen Valentine, Senior Administrator of Pathology, Johns Hopkins Hospital
- 2021 Recipient: Jim Scheulen, Chief Administrative Officer, Emergency Medicine and Capacity Management