I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Employee Appreciation Programs
2020 Employee Appreciation: Extraordinary People, Extraordinary Moments
At the annual Employee Appreciation Service Awards Ceremony, the Baker-King Awards and the Edward A. Halle Prize for Excellence in Patient Service are presented to employees who have demonstrated service excellence. Each year, The Johns Hopkins Hospital and the Johns Hopkins Health System Corporation host celebratory events to thank our employees for their dedication to the workplace and for delivering quality care to our patients. Our annual service awards ceremony recognizes employees who have reached important service milestones.
Additionally, the annual President's dinner celebrates employees with 30, 35, 40 or more years of service.
Employee Appreciation Awards
The Baker-King Award was created in 1962 by Dr. and Mrs. Theodore King, who recognized the significant contributions of all Hospital employees. Mrs. King, whose maiden name was Baker, believed it was important to acknowledge non-supervisory staff. Baker-King honorees are nominated by their managers and supervisors. The Baker-King Foundation established a fund to recognize employees in any non-exempt position within JHHSC/JHH. The awards are presented during the annual JHHSC/JHH Employee Appreciation Week to employees who have been truly outstanding in the performance of their duties, and who have thus set an example for all. Each recipient receives a $100 bonus (via payroll), a Baker-King pin, and a certificate signed by JHHSC/JHH leadership.
- Ioannis Athanasiou, Maintenance Mechanic, The Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Isiah Burman, LAN Administrator, Johns Hopkins Community Physicians
- Anthony Curtis, Food Services Worker, The Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Kazembe Kapeta, Materials Management Zone Coordinator, The Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Marisol Marroquin, Environmental Care Associate, The Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Libecca Millender, Senior Administrative Coordinator, Johns Hopkins Health System Human Resources
- Rebecca Prosser, Registered Nurse, Johns Hopkins Community Physicians Hear Care
- Nancy Turco, Pharmacist Extender, The Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Romunda Tyler, Patient Services Coordinator, The Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Steve Winslow, Security Officer, The Johns Hopkins Hospital
The annual Edward A. Halle Prize for Excellence in Patient Service honors an employee who exemplifies extraordinary human compassion and outstanding patient service. The award was established in 1993 in honor of the late Edward Halle, who provided excellent service during his Hopkins career. The recipient of the award is selected based on complimentary letters sent by patients throughout the year and receives a certificate signed by JHHSC/JHH leadership and a $500 check. The prize is also announced during the awards ceremony.
- 2020 Recipient - Jedediah Gervacio, Registered Nurse III
Ronald R. Peterson Achievement Award
The Ronald R. Peterson Achievement Award, presented annually to an employee in a management or leadership position, recognizes exceptional dedication and outstanding career contributions to The Johns Hopkins Hospital.
In the spirit of Mr. Peterson's exemplary leadership, the award honors a Johns Hopkins Hospital employee whose individual and collaborative efforts on behalf of Johns Hopkins demonstrate unwavering integrity and the enduring mentorship of rising Johns Hopkins Hospital leadership staff.
- 2019 Recipient - Chester Wortham Jr., Director of Special Services, Department of General Services