Reporting Safety Concerns
To report any safety concerns, please use the following tips:
- For immediate hazards, call existing emergency phone numbers.
- For urgent patient safety concerns, contact your supervisor.
- Use departmental chain of command for assistance.
- For compliance questions, please call 1-844-SPEAK2US (1-844-773-2528)
- Report event in HERO (Hopkins Event Reporting Online).
- For unresolved concerns, call the Safety Hotline at 410-955-5000.
While we encourage patient safety concerns to be first reported using your departmental command, all employees have the right to report (without retaliation) to The Joint Commission:
- At www.jointcommission.org, using the “Report a Patient Safety Event” link in the “Action Center” on the home page of the website
- By fax to 630-792-5636
- By mail to:
Office of Quality and Patient Safety
The Joint Commission
One Renaissance Boulevard
Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181
By calling 1-800-994-6610 (Note: this is an automated phone line that will give you the above options for reporting events)