I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Community Service Award Winners
Celebrate the 2013 Martin Luther King Jr. Community Service Award recipients at Johns Hopkins' 32nd annual King commemoration on Friday, Jan. 10, from noon to 1:30 p.m. in Turner Auditorium. They are:
- Nusaiba Baker, a graduate student in biology, who takes a fun approach to teaching Baltimore City students about the brain;
- Brian Boyle, a graduate student in communications, who encourages people to donate blood for the American Red Cross;
- Arthur Burnett II, professor of urology at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, who mentors African-American men using positive messages ;
- Bridget Calvert, a project manager with Johns Hopkins HealthCare, who supports a military program and raises money for a shelter;
- Jennifer Lockhart, an OB/GYN practice administrator at Johns Hopkins Community Physicians, who co-chairs the United Way’s Emerging Leaders United group;
- Kristin Sheffield-Hunt, an administrative coordinator with the school of public health, who raises awareness about kidney disease;
- Ede Taylor, a project coordinator with Johns Hopkins Health System, who founded a coalition in East Baltimore that connects people to resources; and
- Anthony Walker, a protective services officer with JHHS, who founded a community service organization focused on helping men.