I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Skills Enhancement and Professional Development
The HR Office of Learning & Organization Development provides a wide array of educational opportunities for employees at all levels who want to learn new skills or enhance their job performance.
In addition to programs specifically for managers, supervisors and leads, we offer the following courses and workshops that can benefit all employees as they strive for professional growth:
The Skills Enhancement Program (SEP) features a range of different courses taught by caring instructors in a small classroom setting. We are dedicated to helping employees meet their personal education and career goals.
You may benefit from one or more of our skills enhancement classes if you want to:
- Change or grow your position and need to refresh your skills.
- Take a basic or college-level Medical Terminology course to qualify for college credits or to qualify for a different job.
- Take English as a Second Language to improve your pronunciation.
- Prepare for college entrance exams by brushing up on your skills.
- Overcome math, grammar or writing challenges in your current job to prepare for testing, or to qualify for a training program.
- Fulfill professional development goals in SuccessFactors’ myPerformance.
Classes are held at the East Baltimore campus. Core semesters typically start in March and September, and we usually offer an abbreviated summer session. Most classes require a skills assessment to ensure accurate class placement.
Our professional development courses are geared toward employees at all levels who want to grow professionally and enhance their effectiveness in their current positions.
You may benefit from one or more of these professional development courses if you want to:
- Plan for and get the career you want.
- Become a more effective communicator.
- Better understand and communicate with customers and patients.
- Discover your behavioral style and learn strategies for recognizing and working with people of differing styles.
- Improve or develop public speaking and presentation skills.
- Overcome difficulties with time management, procrastination, stress or interpersonal conflicts in the workplace.
Learn more and enroll
For more information on professional development courses, contact Barbara Edwards, 410-614-0273.
Find a program or course
View a full list of learning opportunities offered by the Learning & Professional Development team.