I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
LINC (Ladders in Nursing Careers) Application
Thank you for your interest in Project REACH. LINC applications will be available March 18, 2019 - April 21, 2019. All applications must be received by 11:59pm on April 21, 2019. Click here to submit a LINC application.
Please email ProjectREACH@jhmi.edu with any questions.
JHHSC/JHH is offering this special educational opportunity to full-time employees aspiring to become Registered Nurses. Project Reach is designed for employees who want to pursue a professional healthcare career but are unable to do so due to financial and/or educational constraints. This program enables participants to attend school full-time and work part-time while maintaining full salary benefits. All programs adhere to the REACH Philosophy with preference given to non-exempt employees.
Applications are reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Selection into the LINC program is like any other admission process—individual acceptance is dependent upon the strength and competitiveness of the applicant pool and the number of available seats.
This program has been designed to support individuals seeking to become bedside nurses. In order to remain competitive with the applicant pool, applicants should have no more than two years left of study to complete their program. In addition, employees must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Must have a letter of acceptance to a BSN program or a RN program withan Associate to Baccalaureate (ATB) bridge. Acceptance letter must be on school letterhead or printed from your student portal bearing your name and the school’s URL.
- Must be currently enrolled in a BSN program or a RN program with an ATB bridge and taking nursing courses. LINC does NOT support MSN programs.
- Be a US Citizen or a permanent resident.
- Graduated High School or have earned a G.E.D.
- Be employed full time (.9+ FTE/ 36+hrs. per week) in current department at JHH or JHHS Corporation for at least one (1) year.
- Must be able to obtain a manager recommendation (Coach will send electronic form to manager/supervisor).
- Have achieved an overall rating of at least ‘Met Expectations’ in all areas on your most recent annual appraisal.
- Cannot be in written discipline (as defined by the department) for attendance management or job performance.
- An overall minimum GPA of 3.0 is required (a copy of current/most recent transcript is required)
- Copy of the course outline/plan of study from the enrolled school of nursing (must be on school letterhead or printed from your student portal bearing your name and the school’s URL).
- Current professional resume
- Must be willing to sign a service commitment agreement.
The top applicants will be selected for a panel interview. If accepted, candidates and their managers must attend a LINC orientation session before classes begin.
After you are accepted into Project LINC, you must adhere to the following program requirements in order to remain enrolled:
- Continue to meet job performance requirements (may not have written discipline for job performance or attendance management)
- Adhere to unit scheduling guidelines, including but not limited to: request for PTO, availability or on-call, and holiday guidelines
- Carry a full course load each semester (usually 12 credits/semester) during the academic year
- Submit tuition advancement forms and registered courses at the beginning of each semester and a grade report at the end of each semester
- Notify program coordinator of any changes in program status; failure to do so may result in your dismissal and default from the program
- Achieve a minimum grade of (C) in all courses
- Graduate from the program within four semesters of matriculation
- Work 24 hours/week at your current pay rate
- During the last semester and prior to graduation, participants must contact Nurse Recruitment and the LINC coach to begin the application process for nursing positions within JHHS
Upon graduation from nursing school, LINC candidates must:
- Sit for the NCLE-X examination within 60 days of graduation
- Associates to Baccalaureate (bridge) program participants must sit for NCLEX upon completion of the associate degree and secure a full-time position within JHH (or home affiliate).
- Salary release support will cease upon graduation for the associates portion of the program. The remainder of the program will not be supported by salary release. However, it is expected that the BSN degree portion of the program is completed.
- Resume full-time work immediately upon graduation
- Fulfill service commitment (up to three years) as noted in the service contract
- Maintain full time status throughout the employment service commitment
For more information and to apply, contact the Office of Strategic Workforce Development (Project R.E.A.C.H/Community Education Programs) at 443-997-4587.
For examples of A.D.N. programs with a BSN bridge program please go to the following links:
*This list should only be considered as a reference. The LINC program does not have a preference for any program listed.
For questions about A.D.N. programs with a BSN bridge program, please contact Nurse Recruitment at 410-502-3161.