Summer Jobs Program
The Johns Hopkins Summer Jobs Program (JHSJP) is sponsored by Johns Hopkins Health System and Johns Hopkins University. The program provides students located near local Johns Hopkins member organizations the opportunity to complete a paid summer internship in one of the various departments throughout the Institution. The program promotes exposure to careers and workplace culture while providing an educational experience that offers mentoring and fosters personal responsibility.
JHSJP internships have been provided in multiple areas of administration, patient care and medicine-related research, information technology, general facilities and housekeeping services, education, human resources, and others.
Johns Hopkins Summer Jobs Program offers internship opportunities across multiple campuses located at:
- Johns Hopkins hospitals, offices, and patient centers in and around Baltimore
- Johns Hopkins University
- Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital in St. Petersburg, Florida
- Johns Hopkins Howard County Medical Center
- Sibley Memorial Hospital in Washington D.C.
Interns can expect rigorous, meaningful work experience and will learn about the Johns Hopkins culture, values, and department they have been matched with. They will discover how their department plays a pivotal role in the care of patients and contributes to the mission of Johns Hopkins.
Interns: Eligibility Requirements
- Baltimore City, Baltimore County, Howard County, Montgomery County, (selected) Washington D.C., and St. Petersburg, Florida resident.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- At least 15 years old (16 for Florida) by July 10 of the approaching program year up to students who are 21 years old.
- No prior work experience is required.
Interns: Internship Enrollment Requirements Overview
Application deadlines and links coming soon:
- Complete JHSJP interest form
- Complete JHSJP application
- Attend a virtual interview session with Johns Hopkins
- Successfully clear the Johns Hopkins Occupational Health screening process
- Successfully complete all new hire pre-boarding paperwork
- Attend virtual orientation sessions
Interns: Interest Form
We're so excited that you're interested in our program! Join our mailing list for future program information.