Anesthesia Technology Program
Anesthesia Technology Program applications will be available April 22, 2019 - May 26, 2019. All applications must be received by 11:59 p.m. on May 26, 2019. To submit an application click here.
JHHS/JHH is offering this special educational opportunity to full-time employees aspiring to become Anesthesia Technologists. Project REACH is designed for employees who want to pursue a professional healthcare career but are unable to do so due to financial and/or educational constraints. This program enables participants to attend school full-time and work part-time while maintaining full salary benefits. All programs adhere to the REACH Philosophy with preference given to non-exempt employees.
Anesthesia Technology Program Eligibility and Application Process
Applications are reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Selection into the program is like any other admission process—individual acceptance is dependent upon the strength and competitiveness of the applicant pool and the number of available seats.
This program has been designed to support individuals seeking to become registered Anesthesia Technologists. In order to remain competitive with the applicant pool, applicants should have no more than 1 year left of study to complete their program. In addition, employees must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Must have a letter of acceptance to an Anesthesia Technology program (printed on school letterhead or printed from your student portal bearing your name and the school’s URL) or must be currently enrolled in an Anesthesia Technology Program.
- Be a US Citizen or a permanent resident.
- Graduated High School or have earned a G.E.D.
- Be employed full time (.9+ FTE/ 36+hrs. per week) in current department at JHH or JHHS Corporation for at least one (1) year
- Must be able to obtain a manager recommendation. Coach will send form to manager.
- Have achieved an overall rating of at least ‘Met Expectations’ in all areas on your most recent annual appraisal.
- Cannot be in written discipline (as defined by the department) for attendance management or job performance.
- An overall minimum GPA of 3.0 is required (a copy of current transcript is required)
- Copy of the course outline/plan of study from the enrolled school (must be on school letterhead or printed from your student portal bearing your name and the school’s URL).
- Current professional resume
- Must be willing to sign a service commitment agreement for the period supported.
The top applicants will be selected for a panel interview. If accepted, candidates and their managers will be notified and must attend an orientation session to review and sign a service commitment agreement before classes begin.
After you are accepted into the program, you must adhere to the following program requirements in order to remain enrolled:
- Continue to meet job performance requirements (may not have written discipline for job performance or attendance management).
- Adhere to unit scheduling guidelines, including but not limited to: request for PTO, availability or on-call, and holiday guidelines.
- Carry a full course load each semester (usually 12 credits/semester) during the academic year.
- Submit tuition advancement forms and registered courses at the beginning of each semester and a grade report at the end of each semester.
- Notify Coach immediately of any changes in program status; failure to do so may result in your dismissal and default from the program.
- Achieve a minimum grade of (C) in all courses.
- Graduate from the program within four semesters of matriculation.
- Work 24 hours/week at your current pay rate.
- During the last semester and prior to graduation, participants must contact Central Recruitment and the career coach to begin the application process for Anesthesia Technologist positions within JHHSC/JHH.
Upon graduation, participants must:
- Sit for the Registered Anesthesia Technology examination within 60 days of graduation. Passing the exam is a requirement for gaining an Anesthesia Technologist position. Failure to pass the exam could be consideration for default of service agreement contract.
- Obtain employment as an Anesthesia Technologist at JHH/JHHS within 6 months of graduation
- Resume full-time work immediately upon graduation
- Fulfill service commitment up to three years
- Maintain full time status throughout the employment service commitment