I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Share this page: More
About the Project
Over the next three years, Howard County General Hospital will build a new 48,000-square-foot, two-story addition adjacent to the existing emergency room facing Little Patuxent Parkway, adding approximately 40 treatment spaces in several areas of the hospital to increase overall capacity. The estimated project cost for this vital enhancement is $45 million.
A Sneak Peek
- A new entrance, waiting area and evaluation area will help expedite patients’ flow through the emergency room and hospital.
- A new inpatient psychiatric unit with approximately eight private and six semiprivate rooms with a bathroom and shower.
- A new observation unit adjacent to the emergency room will allow for shared management, greater efficiency and quicker patient transition making patient care more seamless and efficient.
- Additional treatment spaces for pediatric behavioral health patients will enable us to offer a protected and private setting for both children and adolescents/young adults.
- Expansion of the adult behavioral health unit.
- Renovation of older space made available by new construction will create a new general medical-surgical unit with additional beds for the hospital.
Both new construction and substantial renovations will enhance comfort, convenience, and ambiance for visitors and patients alike, while supporting high quality and increasing efficiency for care providers.