Congratulations! Expecting a baby is a very exciting time in a woman’s life and we want to help you have a safe pregnancy and a healthy baby. The best way to do that is to have the appropriate knowledge and take the necessary steps to ensure the well-being of both mother and baby.
Preparing for Your Appointment
We look forward to your first visit with us. Here are some forms to read and fill out before you arrive for your appointment:
- First Trimester Screening
- Patient Summary List
- Authorization to Discuss Health Information
- Request for Copy of Health Information
- Blood Glucose Log
- Telemedicine Acknowledgement
- Genetic Counseling
The Center for Maternal and Fetal Medicine is located at the Little Patuxent Specialty Care Center at Howard County General Hospital (11065 Little Patuxent Pkwy, Suite 100), a designated Perinatal Referral Center by the Maryland Institute of Emergency Medical Services Systems.
View Google Map | More Location Info
The Center is equipped to manage any high-risk situation that may arise during your pregnancy and to provide you with comprehensive care. The center provides:
- Coverage by board-certified maternal fetal specialists
- Consultative and co-management services for all medical complications of pregnancy such as cervical incompetence, maternal diabetes, and hypertension
- Certified genetic counselors
- First-trimester screening to better delineate the risks of Down syndrome, Trisomy 13 and Trisomy 18
- 4D imaging, when necessary, to study your baby’s anatomical development and fetal growth
- Fetal assessment center for antenatal testing profiles
- Testing for maternal diabetes and hypertension
- Fetal echocardiogram program
- Diabetes in pregnancy program
Patient Education VideosPlay Video:
Pregnancy and Diabetes
Pregnancy and Obesity
Pregnancy Beyond Age 35
The Center for Maternal and Fetal Medicine is an AIUM (American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine) accredited prenatal diagnosis center that employs specially trained and registered sonographers to perform routine first-trimester screenings and 20-week fetal anatomy screenings that are more detailed than those typically offered by OB/GYN offices. We encourage any patient, high-risk or otherwise, who is interested in having these state-of-the-art tests to get a referral from her doctor.
The Center for Maternal and Fetal Medicine offers a multidisciplinary team approach working with your own OB/GYN, perinatologist, neonatologist, pediatric subspecialist, genetic counselors and patient educators throughout your pregnancy and, if needed, during your delivery at Howard County General Hospital. Our goal is to develop a health care plan that addresses the needs of you and your baby.
For more information, please call 410-740-7903.
The Center for Maternal and Fetal Medicine
11065 Little Patuxent Pkwy, Suite 100
Columbia, MD 21044