News & Highlights
Dr. Kevin O’Malley was promoted to Assistant Professor.
Dr. Nkemdilim Mgbojikwe was recently named the Physician of the Year for the Society of Hospital Medicine’s Maryland Chapter.
Dr. Ben Bodnar and the team from Office of Care Transformation received the Johns Hopkins Medicine Innovations in Clinical Care award.
Dr. Michael Ellenbogen has received a K award for his project on “Developing and refining methods to measure hospital-level diagnostic intensity, identify outlier hospitals, and characterize the relationship between diagnostic intensity and missed diagnoses”.
Dr. Amit Pahwa has been promoted to Associate Professor.
Dr. Emily Murphy has been promoted to Assistant Professor.
Dr. Tony Boonyasai has been promoted to Associate Professor of Medicine.
Dr. Brian Miller received a grant from the Mercatus Center to support spending dedicated time to building a journal community of diverse health policy voices and creative thinkers."
Dr. John Woller has been named an Assistant Chief of Service (ACS) for the Osler Residency Program for the 2022-2022 academic year.
Reza Manesh, MD
Dr. Manesh is well-known for his role as one of the co-founders of the widely popular podcast Clinical Problem Solvers.
Kimiyoshi Kobayashi, MD
Dr. Kobayashi formerly served as the Associate Medical Director for the Johns Hopkins Capacity Command Center at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore before taking on his current role as the Chief Quality Officer at UMass Memorial Medical Center.
Rehan Qayyum, MD, MHS
Dr. Rehan Qayyum served as the inaugural Chair of the Division of Hospital Medicine and Professor of Medicine at Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine, and subsequently became the Chairman of the Department of Internal Medicine at Eastern Virginia Medical School.
Carrie Herzke, MD
Dr. Herzke is the Chief Medical Officer for the Charleston Division of the Medical University of South Carolina. She formerly served as the Vice Chair for Inpatient Operations and Associate Chief Medical Officer at Johns Hopkins Hospital and was notably the Clinical Director for the Hospitalist Group prior to that role.
Hospitalist group gathering at ChoSun Hwaro in Ellicott City
Hospitalist group bowling at Mustang Alley’s
Holiday Gala 2022
Hospitalist group outing to see the Orioles
- Things We Do for No Reason™: Routine pretreatment with a P2Y12 receptor inhibitor before invasive coronary angiography for patients with a non‐ST elevation acute coronary syndrome - O'Malley - 2023 - Journal of Hospital Medicine - Wiley Online Library
- Specialty care in skilled nursing facilities: Tackling a hidden disparity - Kuye - 2023 - Journal of Hospital Medicine - Wiley Online Library
- Looking Back While Thinking Forward: Institutional Best Practices to Address Hospitalist Well-being During COVID-19 - PMC (nih.gov)
- Safety and effectiveness of apixaban versus warfarin for acute venous thromboembolism in patients with end‐stage kidney disease: A national cohort study - PMC (nih.gov)
- Characterizing the Relationship Between Hospital Google Star Ratings, Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS) Scores, and Quality - PMC (nih.gov)
- Immunogenicity and Risk Factors Associated With Poor Humoral Immune Response of SARS-CoV-2 Vaccines in Recipients of Solid Organ Transplant - PMC (nih.gov)
- Analysis of Clinical Outcomes of Pregnant Patients Treated With Nirmatrelvir and Ritonavir for Acute SARS-CoV-2 Infection - PMC (nih.gov)
- It All Depends: A Case of a Position-Dependent Intracardiac Shunt - ScienceDirect