Johns Hopkins Medicine's family planning services are based at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center. Family planning specialists are board-certified in obstetrics and gynecology, and are trained through family planning fellowships.
As experts in abortion and modern contraceptive methods, our physicians are able to provide consultations for medically complex patients and their providers. We are committed to providing high-quality, comprehensive, personalized care for women. We believe every woman should have access to a wide range of birth control options and an individualized consultation to help her choose the best option for her.
We offer a full range of family planning services, including:
- Abortion (medical and surgical)
- Analgesic and anesthesia options for all procedures (i.e. oral or IV sedation)
- Contraception for women with complex medical problems
- Contraceptive implants, including difficult insertions and removals
- Emergency contraception
- Hormonal and non-hormonal contraceptive methods
- Intra-uterine devices (IUDs), including difficult insertions and removals
- Management of early pregnancy loss (medical and surgical)
- Pregnancy options counseling
- Tubal sterilization
Who We Serve
Our physicians offer safe and confidential care to women throughout the region, including those from Washington, D.C., Virginia, Delaware and Pennsylvania. Medicaid, private and commercial insurances are accepted.
As part of an academic medical center, and given our commitment to improve access to effective contraception, our specialists have ongoing involvement in the latest family planning research and technology.