I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Risk Factors for Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Dr. Susan Hutfless(Principal Investigator)
This study aims to examine environmental risk factors for inflammatory bowel disease including Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis and indeterminate colitis. Find out more here: bit.ly/IBD-MIMAS
- Hourigan SK, Oliva-Hemker M, Hutfless S. The Prevalence of Clostridium difficile Infection in Pediatric and Adult Patients with Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Dig Dis Sci. 2014 May 1. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 24788321
- Hutfless S, Lau BD, Wilson LM, Lazarev M, Bass EB. Pharmacological Management of Crohn's Disease: Future Research Needs: Identification of Future Research Needs From Comparative Effectiveness Review No. 131 [Internet]. Rockville (MD): Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (US); 2014 Feb. PMID: 24783272
- Hutfless S, Almashat S, Berger Z, Wilson LM, Bonson E, Chen Q, Donath E, Herlong F, Puhan MA, Selvaraj S, Tuskey A, Vasilescu A, Bass EB, Worthington M, Shantha GPS, Lazarev M. Pharmacologic Therapies for the Management of Crohn's Disease: Comparative Effectiveness [Internet]. Rockville (MD): Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (US); 2014 Feb. PMID: 24696887
- Hutfless S. Inflammatory bowel disease chapter of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. The Health Consequences of Smoking—50 Years of Progress: A Report of the Surgeon General. Atlanta, GA: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Office on Smoking and Health, 2014.
- Long MD, Hutfless S, Kappelman MD, Khalili H, Kaplan GG, Bernstein CN, Colombel JF, Gower-Rousseau C, Herrinton L, Velayos F, Loftus EV Jr, Nguyen GC, Ananthakrishnan AN, Sonnenberg A, Chan A, Sandler RS, Atreja A, Shah SA, Rothman K, Leleiko NS, Bright R, Boffetta P, Myers KD, Sands BE. Challenges in Designing a National Surveillance Program for Inflammatory Bowel Disease in the United States. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2013 Nov 25. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 24280882.
- Selvaraj SA, Chairez E, Wilson LM, Lazarev M, Bass EB, Hutfless S. Use of case reports and the Adverse Event Reporting System in systematic reviews: overcoming barriers to assess the link between Crohn's disease medications and hepatosplenic T-cell lymphoma. Syst Rev. 2013 Jul 5;2:53. PMID: 23826928
- Hutfless S, Li DK, Heyman MB, Bayless TM, Abramson O, Herrinton LJ. Prenatal and perinatal characteristics associated with pediatric-onset inflammatory bowel disease. Dig Dis Sci. 2012 Aug;57(8):2149-56. Epub 2012 Mar 24. PubMed PMID: 22447434.
- Abramson O, Durant M, Mow W, Finley A, Kodali P, Wong A, Tavares V, McCroskey E, Liu L, Lewis JD, Allison JE, Flowers N, Hutfless S, Velayos FS, Perry GS, Cannon R, Herrinton LJ. Incidence, Prevalence, and Time Trends of Pediatric Inflammatory Bowel Disease in Northern California, 1996 to 2006. Journal of Pediatrics 2010 Aug;157(2):233-239.e1. Epub 2010 Apr 18.
- Hutfless SM, Fireman B, Kane S & Herrinton LJ. Risk of cervical cancer in inflammatory bowel disease patients by medication use. Alimentary Pharmacologics & Therapeutics 2008 Sep 1;28(5):598-605.
- Hutfless SM, Weng X, Allison J & Herrinton LJ. Mortality by medication use among patients with inflammatory bowel disease, 1996-2003. Gastroenterology 2007 Dec;133(6):1779-86.