The links below are intended to assist you in the ever-present task of achieving work-life balance.
In the Workplace
JHU Wellness Programs
Time Management: How to Create 5 Extra Hours a Week for Your Use
Presented by Dr. David Yousem
How often do you say to yourself, “If only I had more time!” or “Where did the time go?” Are you behind on your big ticket projects? Do you look at others and ask “How do they get it done?” This course provides you with the skill set to create time in your day, remove extraneous baggage from your schedule and be much more productive per unit time. Based on lessons from Stephen Covey’s “Seven Habits”, Kerry Patterson’s “Change Anything”, and Brian Tracy’s “Eat that Frog”, the seminar will help you to create 5 extra hours of productive time in a week.
- To learn how mission/vision thinking allow you to prioritize the time you spend at work and at home
- To provide critical scheduling tips to make sure your major projects are attended to on a consistent daily basis
- To coach you on establishing visual cues, advocates, and enforcers that help you stay on task and avoid procrastination
- To teach you skills that allow you to focus more quickly as you move from project to project so as not to “lose time” in transitions.
Contains content from Geno Schnell, Ph.D
Explore the Office of Work, Life, and Engagement's website for information on blood drives, group seating events (Go O's!), the Holiday Turkey Program, and much more!
- Work Won't Love You Back by Dr. Stevan Hobfoll: A light-hearted solution manual for dual-career couples.
- The Happiness Advantage by Shawn Achor: The seven principles of positive psychology that fuel success and performance at work.
- The Power of Full Engagement by Jim Loehr and Tony Schwartz: Managing energy, not time, is the key to high performance and personal renewal.
- "Taking Control" by Get a Life, PhD
All about Baltimore
- Junior Faculty Social Group
- Baltimore on the Cheap: Your local resource for freebies, discounts, and deals around the city!
- Baltimore Magazine: Full of activities, events, and everything you need to know in Charm City.
- The Sun: Stay up-to-date on the latest in the city, including how the Ravens and O's are doing, and the changes happening around us.