I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Emergency Medicine Fellowship Programs
The Johns Hopkins Emergency Medicine Fellowship Programs offer trainees unsurpassed opportunities to develop advanced training and specialized expertise in one of the many niches of Emergency Medicine. Fellows work and learn in a large urban hospital setting at one of the most dynamic and historic Emergency Departments in the country surrounded by some of the brightest medical minds in the world with access to the broad range of resources available at Johns Hopkins University.
This fellowship develops emergency physicians’ knowledge and expertise in essential areas of medical education, with a goal towards training leaders who are ready to improve medical education within Emergency Medicine. The program includes focus on the following areas: educational theory, design, administration and evaluation of educational programs (graduate and undergraduate), effective skill in feedback, mentorship, and learner assessment, as well as personal development as a skilled educator across various settings.
Physician scientists will be trained in this program to become independent investigators ad nationally recognized leaders in emergency medicine.
This fellowship prepares emergency physicians for leadership, field support and medical direction of law enforcement special operations and tactical medicine programs.
Emergency Medical Services
This ACGME-accredited fellowship prepares highly qualified and motivated academic emergency physicians for leadership and medical oversight of pre- and out-of-hospital emergency care systems with advanced competencies in EMS system design, administration, and clinical care.
Fellowship Program Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Paid membership to the Society of Academic Emergency Medicine (SAEM) and the American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP)
- Health and dental insurance
- Disability and life insurance
- Maternity/paternity leave
- 403b retirement plan
- Malpractice insurance
- Continuing medical education allowance
- Paid attendance for one conference per year
- Access to departmental and university-wide library services, including online journals, databases, and medical informatics services
- Department-provided laptop and dedicated work space