Diversity Councils across Johns Hopkins Medicine represent the Office of Diversity, Inclusion and Health Equity at each entity. Diversity Councils implement diversity goals and best practices and ensure that Johns Hopkins entities fulfill the mission of diversity, inclusion, health equity and cultural, linguistic and spiritual competence.
Diversity Councils work to understand the unique needs of each affiliate, build community confidence and develop a pipeline of diverse talent.
In addition, Diversity Councils:
- Seek out the perspective of employees from different backgrounds, cultures, races and capabilities;
- Act as the face of diversity and inclusion for each entity;
- Work to understand issues that negatively impact employees and require action and determine ideas and solutions to address concerns;
- Remove barriers and biases that negatively affect the success of the members in the affiliate;
- Lead, advocate for and plan diversity-led efforts;
- Develop strategic solutions to build on-the-job satisfaction and engagement among frequently disenfranchised groups of employees;
- Organize efforts and initiatives to encourage diversity, inclusion and cultural competence;
- Represent inclusive viewpoints and act as liaisons to diverse markets served by the hospital.
Find Your Diversity Council
Associate Vice Chair for Diversity and Inclusion, Department of Medicine
Senior Associate Dean of Women
Department of Medicine Diversity Council
Assistant Dean, Graduate Biomedical Education and Graduate Student Diversity